Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Ohio RC Sukhoi

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Ohio RC Sukhoi

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 08:09 PM
azhar
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohio RC Sukhoi

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the wing jig setup for the sukhoi. The jig is tapered at on end. I am a little confused so if someone has build this kit I wouls appreciate if you can shed some light on it.

The instruction says that the smaller end of the jig goes to the tip and the larger end goes to the root. Does this make sense or am I just stupid?

I think the question would be clear to someone who has this kit and has built it.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Azhar
Old 09-07-2002, 10:17 PM
merlm

Default Ohio RC Sukhoi

The jug is tapered so that the ribs will be parallel to each other and the building board while you glue everything together.

The wing has a taper to it from top to bottom and front to back, so you need a tapered jig to hold everything in proper alignment while building.

If you lay out the ribs and set them up on edge you will see that the root ribs have more clearance at the trailing edge than the tip ribs. The tapered jig lets you build the wing flat on the board wtih on twist in it.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:10 AM
azhar
My Feedback: (19)

Default Ohio RC Sukhoi

Merlm,

I finally figured that out. But where is the exact location of the jig? It does not mention it on the plans nor the instruction.

Thanks for the help. I am going to look at the plan and instructions once again.

Azhar