Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

BalsaUSA Fokker E.III Eindecker 90 --Does anyone have one?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

BalsaUSA Fokker E.III Eindecker 90 --Does anyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 12:04 AM
Crash_N_Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BalsaUSA Fokker E.III Eindecker 90 --Does anyone have one?

Thinking of a winter project, torn between a Balsa USA Citabria Pro and a Balsa USA Fokker E.III Eindecker 90 but I need some input please.

Have built about eight planes, my flying is just ......OK. Kinda a re-born newbie, but not a lot of stick time. Building and covering skills are getting better, maybe a 5 or 6 on a 10 scale.

Words of wisdom from you pros are what I need now......

Are either of these planes in my league at my present building/flying level......or should I look elsewhere?

BUSA Fokker E.III Eindecker 90
Old 09-09-2002, 12:20 AM
bpannier

I built one a year ago. Flys slow and easy not a pattern ship more like a J 3 Cub. YS 90. Few tips if you decided on it I made lightning holes in the back half of the fuselage this is because of short nose moment and did not want to add weight. (was suggested in a review) also have servos and pack up front. Tank is under the wing( YS has no problem with fuel draw but could if not a pressure system.) Should have reinforced the ABS cowl as over 50 flights it is falling apart.
I would do it again if I did not-have too many projects..it is a floater.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:06 AM
Crash_N_Burn

Thanks, Bud! A YS91FZ was what I was thinking, too.

I'm driven to this plane because it is handsome and unusual, something you don't see every day at the field.

Your comments are welcomed and will help me decide. Thanks!

N7DKK
Old 09-09-2002, 02:19 AM
rcpilotsteve-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

We enjoyed watching an Eindecker perform at our Funfly this year. It was truly incredible. A welcome addition to anyones fleet I'm sure. This fellow flew it very well even in the windy conditions we were experiencing. Very well disciplined scale flying.
I loved it
Old 09-09-2002, 04:03 PM
Crash_N_Burn

Thanks, rcpilotsteve!

I fairly sure I will have to own this plane. As far as I know, there isn't one at our field, and I think it would be a good addition to the fleet.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts!
Old 03-19-2004, 01:39 PM
Feuerwehr

Default RE: BalsaUSA Fokker E.III Eindecker 90 --Does anyone have one?

Built this one 2 years ago. Powered by a Saito .91 . What a floater! Very predictable, not for aerobatics of course, but a relaxing funflyer for anyone. Not a bad choice for pilots with minimal flying experience who want something other than a trainer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42124.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	113151  
Old 03-19-2004, 02:40 PM
bbbair

Default RE: BalsaUSA Fokker E.III Eindecker 90 --Does anyone have one?

I had an Eindecker from Magnetella - as posted above a real gentle flier, the hard part was getting it off the ground.

The high lift wing coupled with a high angle of attack made it jump into the air before you had take off speed, then it would stall and fall out of the sky.

You had to advance the throttle slowly, lift the tail, gain ground speed and accelerate slowly, then it would just lift off beautifully. If you have an engine that is too powerful it is almost impossible to control, ground loops on take off and too much lift at high speed (just like a Cub). If you can keep with in the boundaries of it's flight envelope it is a gentle flier, outside of that envelope....