Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Plans: Col.Art Johnson Vers Royal

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Plans: Col.Art Johnson Vers Royal

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 01:25 AM
AlStack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans: Col.Art Johnson Vers Royal

I am looking to purchase a set of plans for a Lockheed P-38. Which set of plans are better, the Col Art Johnson version or the Royal version? I just have a need to have a set of P-38 plans on my shelf. The Col Art Johnson plans are for two .61 engines and the Royal plans are for two .35 to .61 engines. Any direction pointers out there?
Old 10-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Bipeguy
My Feedback: (2)

Default Plans: Col.Art Johnson Vers Royal

ALSTACK,

I just picked up a partially built Royal P-38 and am looking for page 1 of the plans myself. I came here searching and saw your thread that NO ONE has replied to !! (shud be a law against that!) I'm not too far from you in Rochester, Mn. If you happen to find a set of Royal plans, let me know and I'll do the same. I haven't heard anything about the Johnson plane, so can't help you there. I have heard a lot about the Royal being a VERY nice flying plane. I guess I'll find out next spring when I finish it.

Good luck.....
Old 10-04-2002, 11:40 AM
rhomco
My Feedback: (2)

Default P-38

The Art Jhonson P-38 is a work of art. The plans are a dream to work with and the plane handles like a thorobred at 80" wingspan. IMHO I have yet to see a Royal P-38 make more than one or two successful flights and it wont slow down to land without stalling .
Seriously, go with the AJ it originally flew with a good pair of 60's 2 strokes so a pair of modern 4 strokers would send chills up your spine. BTW it uses CB Associates 3 1/2" P-40 spinners, Sig WW2 canopy and standard 3/16 strut retracts. Damn! I might just build another one. I think I still have some plans.
Go 4 IT!,
Rob