Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Servos for CG Extra-300

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Servos for CG Extra-300

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 05:17 AM
PA44Capt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos for CG Extra-300

Hey guys, I have a Carl Goldberg Extra-300 that I am currently setting up to start competing in basic IMAC. This is a 1.20 size extra that I do not intend to 3D, I plan to stick to the aresti maneuvers for IMAC. My question relates to servo choice (I preferr to stick to the JR digital line). None of the surfaces with the exception of the rudder are very large. I am going to use digital servos for the ailerons, rudder, and elevator (1 each half). Here's the question, how do I determine how much torque I really need? Can I use a highspeed servo at .15 sec/60 that produces 90 oz/in of torque for the elevators and ailerons? Will this servo have enough "oomph" for rudder or should I use a high-speed, high-torque servo for this? I am looking for strong control authority and fast response but servos are also very expensive and I don't want to go overkill for no reason. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:11 AM
Mr_Scale
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servos for CG Extra-300

I have been flying my CG Extra for several years. It was built before digital servos gained the popularity they have today. I am using standard servos throughout, JR and Hitec, with never a problem with any of them, it has plenty of authority to do the IMAC type maneuvers flying on a Saito 1.50.