Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Somethin extra

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Somethin extra

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 12:01 AM
rlc1321
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somethin extra

Hey guys i just bought a somethin extra kit and i would like to know every modification everybody has ever done and how much rudder do i need to knife edge. Also every reading material on the web you have about it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 10-04-2002, 12:21 AM
da king
My Feedback: (5)

Default Somethin extra

well here goes......add about 1.5inchs to the back of the rudder.run at least a .50.Ive got a 46fx and I would like a little more power.I do have enough to pull from a hover but I can only hover for a few min before the motor gets hot.I would make the rudder and elevator a 1/3stab 2/3 suface in stead of just making them bigger.Ive seen some with servos in the tail.I think I would do that to get the cg back.start at 4inchs on the cg.if your feeling a little rambuntios(is that right??) you could add 1 inch to the top of the fuse for knife edge.these are the things I was thinkin of doing to make this thing awsome at 3d.just some ideas I got from reading the post here.good luck!!!!!
Old 10-04-2002, 06:48 PM
rlc1321
My Feedback: (1)

Default Somethin extra

Thanks i guess ill do the rudder and i was also plannin on powerin mine with a 46 FX Im sure ill enlarge the rudder and i dont know what else...Thanks and any omore info would be appreciated