Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Carl Goldberg Sukhoi

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Carl Goldberg Sukhoi

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 02:35 PM
wood
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carl Goldberg Sukhoi

Anyone out there have a Carl Goldberg Sukhoi kit for sale?

Anyone want to coment on how they built this and how it flies?

All Goldberg Sukhoi owners chime in please........

Thanks,
WOOD
Old 10-09-2002, 05:48 PM
ilikeplanes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess my general opinion about Goldberg is that they build below average but fly above average. Having said that, I have built several Goldberg models and I would say that their Sukhoi is a strong example of my first comment. I have never used so many four letter words when building a kit as I did with the Sukhoi. But, once in the air, it was simply awesome. I am totally convinced that the low all-up weight of the Sukhoi is responsible for the excellent flying characteristics. Not a beginners kit though.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:55 PM
Gbee

I certainly agree with ILIKEPLANES - kit building not the best but the Sukhoi is a great flyer. Use a large engine like a 1.20 or 1.50 4 stroke.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:20 AM
bpannier

One good flying plane. Had one of the first kits and the gear broke on second flight reinforced and been fine since ( believe that this was corrected in later kits). YS 120 and Jr radio as stated in other posts light flys better. Stans glass cowl and belly pan.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:37 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I had one that had over 100 flights on it. The plane was great. I loved how it flew. I didn't fly 3D just IMAC. The only weakness that I saw was in Knife Edge flight. While it would hold altitude if you had the speed, it would not climb. I had a YS120NC turning a 16x6 APC propeller.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:40 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I recently sold one. I bought it already built, and it was in some need when I got it. Moki 180 for power. It was awesome. It's a good plane to get into the bigger plane market. That's exactly what I did, and also to find out if it would be worth building myself. In a word.... YES!!! Build it. Very worthwhile plane. I've been on the look-out for another since the day I sold mine. That's one I'm going to build for sure.
Shere aerobatic performance is what that plane is about.
Old 10-12-2002, 09:43 PM
RICEC5

I heard that another company has acquired the Goldberg line and will release the Sukhoi later this year. Try a search as I believe I ran across that comment on this site.

I have had my Sukhoi kit since 1994... received it as a gift from a friend who engineered the kit and built the prototype. I just put it on the building board this week. I plan to re-do the fuselage and wing to mount the LG on the fuse. YS140L power, but for now I am having too much fun with that engine in my H9 Cap 232. If it is framed up by Spring I will be doing well. I have the epoxy glass cowl and pan as well and plan to do the color scheme on the new 33% H9 Sukhoi SU31. I will also model mine in SU31 configuration with a change in the LG and wheel pants.

Joe
Old 10-13-2002, 02:03 AM
Norm Nestie

Came across CG's new site. www. carlgoldbergproducts.com
v
Old 10-14-2002, 02:26 AM
ilikeplanes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard Lanier bought the production rights. I doubt't they will be available this year.

BTW, I flew mine today. What a great airplane. I get compliments like "that thing really get's the job done" and "wow, I didn't know you could put-put around with a Sukhoi like that".

It's funny though. I would say that I hated building it more than any other kit but like flying it more than any other kit too.

Definitely worth the trouble.