Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

CG Sig Kouger

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

CG Sig Kouger

Old 06-19-2005, 01:46 PM
PLANECRAZY2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG Sig Kouger

Need to know CG for a Sig Kouger thanks Dave G.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:45 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CG Sig Kouger

The manual says:

β€œTest fly with the balance point located anywhere between the leading edge of the wing tip and 1/2” back from the leading edge at the wing tip.

Sport Fly at 1/2” back from the Leading Edge at the wing tip.

Aerobatics – If your model will spin in both directions at 1/2” it need not be moved back any further. Some models need the balance point at 3/4” back for full response.

Flying with the balance point any further back than 1” from the tip is not recommended unless you are and expert flyer, with a purpose for doing so.”

And three more paragraphs of warnings.

Bill
Old 06-20-2005, 12:12 PM
abacro

The CG on the kougar is 1/2 inch back from the leading edge of the wing AT THE WING TIP! i've had 7 kougars and thats the CG point.

GL Art
Old 09-02-2006, 11:35 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

the planes balnce states one quarter to one half inch..I started at 1/2 inch but I feel I can move it another quarter inch which seems extreme but at least for me it is not.this is my second on.

In fact I tested out the the wings CG using a simple equation and calculator.the article is in the model plane issueof may 2001.. the formula works for most average model types.the kougar's swet wing is no exception.the formula concluded my CG was at 1/2 inch. the article provide a easy example and I trust it .