Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Pete N' Poke Sport 40

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Pete N' Poke Sport 40

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 05:49 PM
ELSBP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pete N' Poke Sport 40

I just ordered the Pete N' Poke Sport 40 kit. Any thoughts on that kit?
Old 10-19-2002, 12:23 AM
boogerman

I had one, all the parts fit good and it builds straight. I think they could of cut the parts count in half and had a plane just as strong, but it does go together nice. Too bad it flew(and that is being generous) like ----! I got so tired of trying different things to make it right, I just gave mine away today! Minus the good parts of course! Yes, I checked and played with thrust angles, wing incedence, CG, etc. Nothing helped. I hope someone else can make it fly right, it is a cute airplane.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:24 PM
Nuker

G'Day ELSP and boogerman

I bought mine last year because all my buddies said it was ugly. That was all the inspiration I needed

boogerman what wasn't it doing? There have been several threads on this plane. Apparently ground handling is well.... not good but for the type of plane it is, everyone said it flew fine. You are not going to snap roll anything in the "poke" series of planes but most fly fine.

I've finally opened the box on mind and have started it. (other planes and priorities but I made it) I have a Saito .56 just waiting to putter it along.

Based on what I've seen so far, the part about "minimal" carving might not be exact, but what the heck, I have to build something before my Sukhoi kit comes back on the market.

Oh well, only one way to find out but I would like to hear what the probs were boogerman, if possible.

Thanks,

Bob aka Nuker
Old 10-20-2002, 02:43 AM
ELSBP

Nuker,

I should have mine in the mail this next week so don't build yours too fast! That way you will still remember what you did when I ask you to help me with my screw ups.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:44 AM
Jetmech-inactive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pete-en-Poke

I built this plane when it first came out. Must have more than a 100 flights on it by now.Flies great for your every Sunday good old reliable easy to land and take off type of plane. It will do nice loops, inverted flight, rolls(slowly). Tracks straight and true on take-off and lands beautifully. My only suggestion is to put at least a 46fx or 51fs in her. I had a 40LA at first and it wasn't enough power. Flying with a 46FX now and it's just right.
Use plenty of epoxy gluing those cabane struts to fuse, that was a bit of a pain.But don't worry, the wings will not come off under high G's.

Does beautiful wheel or 3 point landings, nice slow landings.
No bad habits
Dislikes:
Wheel fairing are to weak and warp when covered, changed to lite ply worked out much better.
No good place to hide aileron servo wire going from wing to fuse.
All in all I highly recommend this plane!
I'll build another if anything happens to this one. Enjoy it!!
The following users liked this post:
TB2064 (03-24-2022)
Old 10-23-2002, 11:31 AM
Newflyer-RCU

Hi All,

Just started to build my Pete N' Poke yesterday. I see in this thread that some were just about to start or have built theirs. Any helpful hints for me? What does wing incedence mean? Do I need to be very careful with this part of the project? What are t-Pins for? Do I push them through the wood and into the building board? Please help as this is my firsat time building an airplane.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:01 PM
Nuker

G'Day Newflyer,

wing incidence is the angle the wing against the centre thrust that will cut through the wind. It will affect how the plane flies overall. You may want to speak to a fellow club member about borrowing an incidence meter of some type so you can get that part correct.

T-Pins are merely pins to hold down the wood to the building board. Normally you would place wax paper over the plane and pin the wood through that.

The Pete N Poke might be a sometimes daunting first build. Certainly post questions here but you may want to seek some first hand assistance with someone at your club.

Keep us posted

Bob aka Nuker
Old 10-24-2002, 12:49 AM
ELSBP

Newflyer,

Have you built an ARF yet? I have the Hangar 9 Xtra Easy Trainer so I didn't have to do much building at all. The Pete N' Poke is my first attempt at building anything so we can struggle together on this one. I am very impressed with how helpful everyone is on this website so I will be looking for threads from you with your questions. I am sure we will have the same difficulties. Good luck!
Old 10-24-2002, 12:57 AM
Nuker

as long as you guys are patient, you'll do fine. Building is half the fun
Old 10-29-2002, 08:26 PM
Newflyer-RCU

ELSBP

hOW FAR ALONG ARE YOU. ANY ISSUES YET? SO FAR ALL IS OKAY WITH ME BUT IT IS GOING VERY SLOW. IM NOT SURE IF IM BEING TO ANAL WITH IT OR NOT. LET ME KNOW YOUR PROGRESS