Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Mini Telemaster, what are these pieces?

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Mini Telemaster, what are these pieces?

Old 10-01-2005, 06:38 PM
dfalcon
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Telemaster, what are these pieces?

I just finished building and covering my first kit, a Mini Telemaster from Hobby Lobby. Along with quite a few balsa scraps, I have these three hardwood pieces left over. There are 1/8" and 1/32" ply pieces and a 1/8" dowel. I've searched the drawings and instructions numerous times, but I can't identify where they belong.
Can someone tell my what these parts are before I put this thing in the air?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32812.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	332284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68257.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	332285  
Old 07-30-2006, 04:03 PM
seiwinger

Default RE: Mini Telemaster, what are these pieces?

Hi, I just got done assembling a mini also. I noticed by your picture that you used a gear redux motor, The 1/8th inch ply is for using a brushless motor. The 1/32nd ply is to be cut in half crossways to make covers for the LG blocks on the inside of the model. And it looks to me that you got an extra piece of wing hold down dowel. So it looks like your ready to fly.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:05 PM
dfalcon
My Feedback: (76)

Default RE: Mini Telemaster, what are these pieces?

Thanks for the reply, after 10 months I almost gave up waiting.
I hope your telemaster does better than mine did. First 2 flights ended in crashes for similar problems--it would turn to the right much better than it would to the left. Never figured out exaclty why (flimsy pushrods, warped wing...?). I trashed the original wing and built another one (same airfoil) with ailerons, without dihedral, and with only a 36" span. I had 5 or 6 great flights with the new configuration, and then, near as I could tell, the motor mount tore loose on a low pass (over asphalt no less) and the plane rolled quickly upside down and nosed in @ full speed. I cut the damage clean off from the front of the landing gear block up to the bottom of the 'windshield' and just finished rebuilding the nose last night. I'm ready to go at it again this weekend.