Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Book request...

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Book request...

Old 10-31-2002, 09:07 PM
Archimedes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Book request...

I have ordered a Venture 60 to build over the winter... .I am also a total newbie. I have "built" an ARF LT 40 which I learned( and continuing) to fly. But, I was a little concerned about being overwelmed with the naming convention of various parts of building a plane.

Would anyone recommend a decent book (hopefully, from amazon) which I could use a solid reference to aid me in building my new kit?

Thanks for any info.

Matt
Old 10-31-2002, 09:33 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Book request...

You really shouldn't need a book. If this thing builds anything like I've heard, you shouldn't have any problem. Just do yourself a favor.... READ the instructions! And I don't mean just as you go along, I mean read them in bed, read them in the bathroom, read them any chance you get. Understand the steps before you glue anything. If there's something you don't understand, look through the parts and see if that helps. If you're really stuck, call up a buddy and get him to come over and show you what they mean.

And don't get too upset if you make a mistake. We all do. That's why God invented balsa filler!
Old 10-31-2002, 11:50 PM
TerrellFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Book request...

The plane is very easy to build and the parts fit like a glove,if you have any club or flying buddies,they can probably help,but if you are like me and enjoy reading,local hobby shop,e mail hobby shop or bookstore even library,one book is scratch-building r/c airplanes,by Rich Uravitch,put out by AirAge Publishing.