Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Agwagon

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Kyosho Agwagon

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 02:30 PM
trekkerguy
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Agwagon

I bought a used Kyosho Agwagon with a 60" wingspan. No engine or servos. Does anybody have a manual for this aircraft? I'm more than willing to pay for copying and postage costs.

Thank you.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:56 PM
CAM2

Default RE: Kyosho Agwagon

Before I open my mouth, let me check at home, but I do beleive I still have the manual, I know my plans are really beat-up. If I find it its yours, no problem....Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42211.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	340759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68848.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	340760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71873.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	340761  
Old 10-18-2005, 03:34 PM
trekkerguy

Fantastic...let me know what you find.

Take care,
David
Old 10-18-2005, 07:44 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

David; I have one if the other guy can not find his; I had the same plane until a month ago and slammed it into the ground, is yours in good shape, because I still have some good parts that were not touched ie: Canopy, Wing Tips, Wing Struts, Tail Cone. Cowling was smashed, Let Me know what you need. Doug.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Cam 2,

Is that the Kyosho plane? I have one NIB and I am afraid to built it since it is so rare and highly sought after. Should I go ahead and built it? DP
Old 10-20-2005, 08:26 AM
CAM2

Trek- Sorry, I cannot seem to find the Instruction manual. My plans are ripped to shreds.

DP- Yes it is. I found this kit one of the most enjoyable builds to date. I would love to build another. I wished they kitted a 60 size. I believe the plans are all metric, which is really not a problem. The wood supplied was very good. Looking back my only compliant was the main spar, I feel it needs to be a little more beefy. Mine is covered in Koverall with a HobbyPoxy finish. Powered by a YS45 and pitts style muffler. I later replaced this motor with a OS40 and it seemed to fly even more scale like, if that’s possible.

I contacted Cessna, they sent me a really nice photo pack of text and illustrations of the 188. Nice stuff.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:58 PM
trekkerguy

Hey Cam2,

Thanks for looking. Had another offfer me his so I have emailed him.

Trekkerguy
Old 10-21-2005, 07:13 AM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: Dai Phan

Cam 2,

Is that the Kyosho plane? I have one NIB and I am afraid to built it since it is so rare and highly sought after. Should I go ahead and built it? DP
It's not going to fly very well in the box... These things fly great! I had one back in the early 80's, just loved it! Build it, Fly it, enjoy it!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Mike,

Do you know how much these things go for nowadays? Last time was around 450.00!!! DP
Old 10-21-2005, 02:43 PM
trekkerguy

Dai Phan,

Have to agree with Mike regardless of the cost. Not many folks out at my field are really impressed when you show them something in a box. They only become impressed when you fly it. And, $450 is peanuts compared to some of these aerobatic planes which cost $3,000 and up.

I'm just a beginner, eight months now, and have only done about two dozen flights. I even planted my first plane. Was I unhappy...sure, but it's only a plane. I don't abuse my equipment intentionally, but things happen and it is only a plane.

I have several Bud Nosen kits. Rare because they aren't made any more. My plan is to start bulding them this winter after I build a couple of others. I plan to have, or at least hope to have, the experience to fly them late next Summer or early Fall. I just can't see letting them sit in the box. They will only be great planes if I build them and fly them. I hope you do the same with your agwagon.

Also, I am getting a manual for my Agwagon. So, I'm not looking anymore. Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Trekkerguy