Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

G/P Extra 300s vs 4* 40

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

G/P Extra 300s vs 4* 40

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 03:59 AM
RSprinkel
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G/P Extra 300s vs 4* 40

Hi All,

Was wondering how you would compare these 2 planes as far as Flight characteristics(Aerobatics) and building. I am working on the Extra 300 now and would like to get the 4* as well. ALso in the comparision how would you compare the 4* to the Dago Red same comparisons. Can't make up my mind between the 4* and the Dago Red.

Please Help...

Thanks for your time and comparisions,
Old 11-20-2002, 03:37 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't get me wrong, the Sig 4* series are terrific planes, but the GP Extra 300's will blow the wings off of the 4*'s.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:10 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GP Extra is more pattern-like, has less control coupling, and is in general more precise, while the 4* is a great sport plane, has lower wing loading, and lands slower. Both are fantastic fliers for what they were designed for. It is possible that after flying the extra for some time, you may find the 4* lacking in the excitement factor. But it may become 'that plane' that you always have at the field with you.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:51 PM
mwright
My Feedback: (5)

Default one thing

With a tappered wing the Extra is a little more prone to tip stall than the 4*40 if the weight is not watched. The two planes are like comparing a pickup truck to a european sedan. One is fun as heck to just beat the sky but the other allows you to hug the road with grace. You really would like having both.

Marcus
Old 11-22-2002, 03:08 AM
RSprinkel
My Feedback: (3)

Default THANKS

Guys,

Thanks for your opinions. I will be asking ole Santa to throw in a Sig 4* kit into my stocking this year as I already have the 300s. Will be great to have these 2 planes in my hanger(attic). Also may ask for the Dago Red as well (The fever is in me, but flying would be better).

Anyways thanks again,
Old 11-22-2002, 12:03 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

The SIG 4 Star series and the Extra (260, 300, 330) are two completely different types of aircraft. The SIG has a tapered wing and will help the pilot recover to a wings level attitude. An extra is pure aerobatics and it is prone to remain in the attitude that it is placed.