Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

kadet seniorita modification

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

kadet seniorita modification

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:21 PM
andrew66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kadet seniorita modification

does anyone have blueprints or pictures on how to transform a kadet seniorita or senior to a low wing design. i was also thinking of turning it into a v-tail, but i am wondering if i would have to make the tail surface bigger to be more responsive or if i built the stab. and cut it in half. i was also planning on making the fuse smaller, by "trimming" off about 2-3 inches on the top and making the part between the wing and tail round "about the diamiter of a beer bottle" and beef it up by using ply and hardwood. should i build the fuse differently? (not stick type) or stay with the stick type fuse. i kinda want to beef up this model a bit in areas that it is lacking. If i build the seniorita kit i was thinking of powering it with a 30's sized engine for better performance. does anyone think this design is doable, or should i throw it away and spend my time in a different way?
thx
Old 06-11-2006, 11:45 AM
mduslick
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: kadet seniorita modification

How is your project coming? I started with a stick-built Kadet Senior... then put it an OS .46 MAX, flattened the wing and added ailerons. After a bit more tweaking, it flew FANTASTIC! That is until yesterday, I neglected to secure the aileron servo connectors. Needless to say, a hard lesson to learn, but the conectors came loose in flight, and she fell down and went boom. I have decided to rebuild but this time as a low wing like a Cherokee 180. Your post caught my eye, and I was wondering how your project was coming along.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:10 PM
badger5964
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thinking of Kit bashing a Kadet?

Well check out these couple pages for ideas

[link]http://www.angelfire.com/indie/aerostuff/lifterkadet.htm[/link]
Old 06-11-2006, 11:39 PM
andrew66

well, i havent had alot of time to do it, but i recently crashed my lt25 due to radio failure, but i have everything stock except the fuse.....i kinda like the twin otter on the one kadet page, but i dont think that i can do that with what ive got done.....maybe a simjilar fuse to the otter design, but with an engine mounted on the top, and floats