Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Fuel Route

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Fuel Route

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 04:38 PM
richrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Route

Hear is my problem no space. It’s a Nobler to me it is a tight cowl if the picture shows the fuel lines are bending more then I like. So add a fuel filler of some brand onto a balsa frame or drill two holes thur cowl an “ kiss’ keep it simple stupid to disconnect an refill it. That’s what I have seen lately any suggestion ?
Rich
Old 02-04-2006, 07:43 PM
tashley
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Fuel Route

I think all the retractable fuel fillers tend to leak after a time so I don't use them. Fuel dots should work out fine for your application.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:09 AM
richrd

Try at pictures to help show route
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48209.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	402262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93732.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	402263  
Old 02-05-2006, 07:32 AM
richrd

ORIGINAL: tashley

I think all the retractable fuel fillers tend to leak after a time so I don't use them. Fuel dots should work out fine for your application.
Fuel dots?

With only two lines? I thought dots are used on three lines and I can not get to the other because the engine mount is dead center of it so I went with clunk and top hole. I really do not like this GP tank but out of the three I bought this is the only one that comes close to working. Even thou this is not my first build the Nobler has pushed everthing to my exploding limit. IMO I just fought everthing on this build HUM mybe thats why you don't see many HEE HEE ARgggggg
Rich
Old 02-05-2006, 10:11 AM
GAP-RCU

Rich, to give you more room, consider not using a filter. Filters are great most of the time, but they're not absolutely necessary if you take extra precautions to keep the fuel going into your tank clean. I filter my fuel twice with the fuel jug in my flight box: once at the pickup at the bottom of the fuel jug, then again just after the fuel leaves the fuel pump. I keep every thing clean, regularly maintain my setup, and have never had a problem with my filterless planes. Just a thought.

Gary
Old 02-05-2006, 09:18 PM
tashley

Sure, you can use a dot with a two line system. One way is to put a tee on the fuel pick up line with the dot teeing the carb and the tank. To fill, make sure throttle is closed, disconnect the pressure line to the muffler, pull the dot and fuel till you have fuel coming out of the line to the muffler. With the throttle closed there won't be enough fuel making it's way to the spray bar to cause flooding, just priming. If you can't get to the pressure tap on the muffler you can just fill until you see fuel coming out of the muffler exit. I've done it this way, it works.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:33 AM
richrd

ORIGINAL: tashley

One way is to put a tee on the fuel pick up line with the dot teeing the carb and the tank.

Tee sounds like a good plan. Check my LHS see what they got. BTW it's inverted so any leakage should drip out.

Perfect if I could find a tee with a filter built in to it, fix two problems at once. That I could just drop down next to the head out the bottom.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:41 AM
tashley

richrd, you can find miniature tee's and other fittings at the auto parts store that are small enough for model use, look in the vacuum line section. If you don't have the room for a filter, put a filter on your fueling line from your can/bottle. I've done this for some time now and as a rule don't run a filter at the motor at all.