Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

SE rebuild

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

SE rebuild

Old 02-13-2006, 10:38 PM
conradj87
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE rebuild

Hey guys
Over last summer in august i think??? i crashed my SE bad. The fuse was completely destroyed back to the little hole for the dowel that lines up the wings. All the stringers behind the cockpit were popped out of their spots, I found the cover to the radio compartment about 20 feet away from the plane when it crashed. I ended up fixing the fuse then putting it on the shelf for a while, it had minor damage to the wings and countless other little things that i just never got around to. I bought an RC truck, sry guys, but it was cool when the cops clocked it at 44 across a parking lot, they thought it was cool too anyways i finally got done with most of the work, i still want to counterbalance the rudder, but the wings are rebuilt and covered, the fuse is all sanded down, just need more covering. I noticed one possibly fatal mistake. The covering scheme kinda sucks, i like the colors but it will be almost impossible to see very far away, im gonna give it a try and keep it pretty close, but if it gives me big problems i'll recover, i don't want to, but i will. heres the pics so far, lemme know what you think.
I have made the ailerons just a touch bigger, and the plane ended up being 1/4in longer than it was originally, not worried about it
I do have one question.... How do you seal the hinge gaps?
Thanks, Joe
yes you wish you have a blue spinner on your plane, jk that left about 2 days later for an aluminum one, it got bent in the crash
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62661.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	407743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88949.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	407744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68050.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	407745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91187.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	407746   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34822.jpg
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	407747  
Old 02-14-2006, 07:38 AM
tashley
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SE rebuild

Nice job on the rebuild, and yes you're right, blue and silver aren't the most visible colors in the air. What you might try is to add a few white stripes for oreintation. Hinge gaps are normally sealed by cutting strips of clear covering and while the control surface is deflected ironing them into the gaps.