Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Royal Corsair 60 Build

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Royal Corsair 60 Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:09 AM
CaptainBlueSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal Corsair 60 Build

ORIGINAL: Riddle4U

Wild card, I suppose you're right, just slightly, in saying Luke didn't like ''pre-cut'' wood. Probably what he would say (and I hope he will decend on me like a starved eagle), is that it just isn't too hard to cut your own parts. Luke was happy to build a Royal kit that was ''pre-cut'', what I think (and I hope he won't be angry with me), is that he advocates any and all of us to be courageous and be prepared to cut our own parts. This really is the call of all of us older builders....to continue the art of building. Don't fear! Enjoy a challenge! It just isn't Luke. Many older fellows (what, maybe anything past 40), are used to having to build from scratch. It is the ''life-blood'' of the hobby in my opinion. It would be nice if Luke would inhabit this thread again. Maybe the well should be capped and retained for posterity.
Amen !

May this good spirit continue for ever.
Otherwise, next generations of modelers might have no other choice but to buy and fly the plastic stuff [&o] some commercial companies decided would be good for them.

I will continue to reference a link to all good build threads I can find to document the list of some good old designs one can build from scratch or from a kit.
I started this modest contribution here [link=http://rcroyal.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=32]ROYAL/MARUTAKA/MK KITS COMPLETE LIST[/link]

All missing informations are welcome.

Happy New Year to all !

P.S.

The list is now also hosted by RCU in RC Scale Aircraft section, after removing the MK pattern kits list: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9401552/tm.htm]ROYAL/MARUTAKA/MK KITS LIST[/link]

Old 01-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Riddle4U

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, don't forget your local club! Everything starts locally! So, teach your children well, and if you can encourage anyone to be creative in a building way....that might save the hobby as we know it. So many just want to cut to the end and fly. Fine. But much more satisfying if you fly what you built! Pass it on!!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:00 PM
foxx
My Feedback: (2)

Captain thank you for posting info on Royal kits, I was always curious who was behind these great designs. I down loaded luke's website before he pulled it, I wish I had his permission to post for everyone to see.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Riddle4U

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In case you haven't seen it, there is my "Royal Kits" thread; right here on RCU! A bunch of nice people contributing there! Bring your thoughts there...as much as we'd wish it, Luke is invisible it seems now. Let us thank him for the contribution of this thread though.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:07 AM
martin70

hi guys.
i have being follow this thread and have also this kit from marutaka.
i have a little problem to identify the planking on the wing.
want also do flaps on this plane.
my plans are ferry old so i cant see some lines.
i saw copy of the flaps on page 1.
can i get also this? it will help me a lot.

PS No need for it now..
i found the plan on Aerofred..

Last edited by martin70; 11-05-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:21 PM
cindyb

Kelsey,

I just joined the universe and have noted your Corsair build thread. I have an old Royal Corsair short kit (.60 size), but don't have the plans or canopy. Do you or anyone else know where I can get these? Thanks.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Michaelj2k

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Plans are here: http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=4906. Here's a Corsair canopy but confirm if it will fit. http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/in...roducts_id=365