Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Carls Goldberg Super Chipmunk 60-90

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Carls Goldberg Super Chipmunk 60-90

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 05:38 AM
wood
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carls Goldberg Super Chipmunk 60-90

Has anyone built on of these? Any tips or advice?
looks like a nice kit.

Thanks,
WOOD
Old 01-22-2002, 05:45 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I didnt build mine, but I fly it, flies awesome, dont need the flaps but they are very neat to use and look good, I also put a ST.90 in the nose for that extra power!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1416_167.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1663  
Old 01-22-2002, 12:29 PM
Steve Campbell2

A true classic. If built straight, it has a very wide flight envelope and is a joy to fly. The build is moderately difficult; some prior building experience would be real helpful.

The big problem is that the last few CG kits I've looked at had absolutely miserable wood. The company has been going through difficult times of one sort or another. I used to be a big fan of their kits; I've built five Goldberg models. Now, I wouldn't buy one with your money. I built my Chipmunk seven years ago, and even then the lite ply was pretty ragged. The balsa was okay.

For a few less bucks, you can get a BTE Venture 60. This is nothing more than a big Four-Star 40 with class. The wood and parts fit is the best you will EVER see, and it is one one the most honest low-wing sport models available.

If you really want a 'Munk, look into the World Models ARF.

It is sad that such a formerly great company is fallen so far, but I personally feel you are rolling the dice, big time, if you buy a current Goldberg kit.

Steve
Old 02-08-2002, 05:06 PM
wood
My Feedback: (2)

Default Not so sure....

I bought one from a friend and all seems to be good with the WOOD, I picked up another CG chipmunk kit from a guy and the wood in that one looks good too. You must of had a string of bad luck????

WOOD
Old 02-11-2002, 08:21 AM
h8w8n

I have built five Goldberg kits and untill recently would have agreed that wood in Goldberg kits sucks! But I am currently building a Goldberg Extra 300, and the wood is fine. The parts are still die cut but well done. Everything fits pretty well too.
The real attraction for me is that all Goldberg kits really fly well.
(the Tiger 60 nearly lands itself)
Old 02-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

A friend of mine just bought a used Goldberg Chipmunk. Can someone please tell me what the cg range is on the plane. He really needs the info. Thanks!