Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Ikon N'West kit quality??

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Ikon N'West kit quality??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 10:19 AM
letsfly
My Feedback: (96)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ikon N'West kit quality??

Dan,I am currently working on the OX 5 version of the IKON ROBIN.I do agree with alot that is being said here.I started this kit over 4 years ago and do agree it is not for a beginner.
I have done alot of other projects in between.The plans and instructions leave alot to figure out,the wood quality is very good,the fuse is built from 1/4 balsa stock and it is important to build it straight.It is a fun project,just one you can't rush through.I know I will get mine done but it's going to be awhile.
Right now mine is framed up,I'm going to use a Saito 120,mounted inverted for power.The landing gear is pretty complicated and I myself have a couple of questions I'm trying to find out about..
As far as color scheme and other documentation,I bought a photo package on the plane I'm building from a place formally called Scale Model Research,I know they are still around but they are under a different name,it cost me $25-$30.00 but it is well worth it..
I would like to contact one of your other responses that is working on the same plane as me,fr8dog..If you can or if he reads this please contact me @[email protected] Luck Dan.Thanks...John..