Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Hog Bipe FInished

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Hog Bipe FInished

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 05:58 PM
slammin_sam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hog Bipe FInished

I finally finished my Hog Bipe (well almost). I'm just waiting for my Saito 100 to arrive. I covered it with Cover All including the fuselage It's painted with Brodak paint about 10 coats. What a great kit to build. Sig outdid themselves with this one. I can't think of anything I would change. All the parts fit perfectly and the instructions were just about the right level of detail (for me). I can't wait to get it to the field once I get the Saito broken in. Any tips, hints, suggestions, comments are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95648.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	437192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32283.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	437193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy63615.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	437194   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo35382.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	437195  
Old 04-01-2006, 07:37 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hog Bipe FInished

Thats a great looking Hog! I just took mine up today for its maiden flight. I did 3 flights with it, and was very impressed at how well this Plane handles. I must also ad this this is an extremely easy Plane to land. All three of my landings were greased landings, which I attribute more to the Plane than I do my own flying abillity. I had a Saito 1.00 on mine, but decided to use a Magnum 91 4 stroke instead. The 91 pulled the Plane around very easily at half throttle using a 14x6 apc prop. You are really going to enjoy yours.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Augie11

Really nice Hog Sam. Get yourself a pilot, tie a scarf around his neck and go have a ball!
Old 04-02-2006, 07:20 PM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

Good looking plane Sam! I flew mine first time couple weeks ago and haven't been able to fly it again yet. And I cheated and flew before adding my accent stripes and the thunderbolt strips on the sides. By the way, I was suprised to find that you have to cut out those bolts. What did you do just break out an exacto and and cut it on the lines? I agree, great flying plane. My Saito 72 seems to pull mine around quite well also. Just don't forget to land a little hot. I let mine get a little too slow on my first landing attempt and got real lucky to bring it in okay. Next one was perfect, again it was the plane and not my ability. Just flies and looks great in the air. I'm hoping to start an Astro Hog real soon to see how well it does.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:20 PM
slammin_sam

Thanks. I was a little surprised that I had to cut out the decals. I used some sharp scissors to cut them out. They are first class decals. I put 4 or 5 coats of clear over them.

What part of NC are you from? I'm going to be moving to Wendell NC in the next 6-12 months and will be looking for a club.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:46 PM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

I see you'll be just east of Raleigh. I'm southeast of Charlotte about 2 to 2 1/5 hours away from there. I'm sure there are some good clubs around there somewhere. You can check the AMA site for club locations to find the closest one. Good luck. You'll love the longer flying season here but beware it'll cut down on your building season.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:33 PM
slammin_sam

I've already checked out the Wendell area. There are several fairly close. Here's a site that shows all clubs nation wide. Try it out.

http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/interest...AIRPLANE_CLUBS
Old 04-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Another great looking Hog, Can't wait to fly mine, Have a few tanks through my Saito 100 but need a few more and some warmer weather.

Dauntae