Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Ultra Sport 40 (unacceptable quality wood)

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Ultra Sport 40 (unacceptable quality wood)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 03:58 PM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Sport 40 (unacceptable quality wood)

Having build many, many ( 50+) GP Kits over the last 25 Years for myself and other RC'ers, this 40 size Ultra Sort 40 purchased in April 2006, fails any standards of quality on the content. I am very dissappointed that GP, which usually has great quality products, let such a kit get to be sold to the public. The wood and di -cutting is below any expectations, something youll find in crating material. it is almost impossible to build a straight airframe on such warped and bowed trash.
I cannot and will not further buy or build ( or recommend any other GP Kits) for myself or any of my clients in RC.

Buchtes
Old 05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
gutmark

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Sport 40 (unacceptable quality wood)

After apparently having great success with the previous 50 kits, you won't buy anymore because 1 kit was below standard? Have you contacted GP to let them resolve the issue? I think you may be going off the deep end a little.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:47 PM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

no I have not, simply because I did not pay for the kit. I belongs to a co-worker which I'll try to build it for after recommending it to him.
About calling GP, I do not think they will do anything about it, since there is no proof. I had Issues with wood quality before and in the past Ms. Cross always made good on shortcommings, but she's no longer in Charge, so I do not see any reason to complain, just go to other sources with " hopefully" better QA Issues.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:03 PM
carrellh

I believe GP would have replaced the bad wood. The "proof" is the box of wood.

They didn't get the reputation of having good customer support solely due to AM Cross being there.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:28 AM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just finished up the Ultra Sport Plus kit this winter. It is a nice flying plane definately worth putting together. It wnt together dead straight.

Dennis
Old 08-07-2006, 12:48 PM
bklambdin

I just finished a PT40 and the kit quality was poor at best. New kit ordered from tower too.

Seems their QC needs to be adjusted.