Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Midwest Starduster

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Midwest Starduster

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:58 AM
captken59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest Starduster

I'm thinking about buying one of these kits for my son . Any comments on the kit itself and how the finnished plane flys? Also what should this kit cost?
Old 06-08-2006, 01:12 AM
old bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Midwest Starduster

Captken, I built one of these as our second airplane. My son and I flew it for a year and it was a great second airplane. Dad dumbassed it into the ground the next spring after a 3-month lay-off due to weather. I really miss the plane and I still have the plans, one day I may build another. It might even make a good first plane for a young computer game hotshot, providing Dad gets the youngun a RC flight simulator first. Midwest does not list this kit as available anymore. A VERY similar airplane is the SIG 4-Star 40, still being made and also a great airplane. If you do a search here in the RC forums, you will turn up some more threads on both the Starduster and the 4-Star. I think the 4-Star 40 kit is priced under $100, and is also available as an ARF. My son built the wing of our trainer and our Starduster and it was a good experience.

Best regards from old bird.