Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

BRIDI Vagabomd

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

BRIDI Vagabomd

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 12:35 PM
STEVEB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRIDI Vagabomd

Several years ago, while Bridi was still producing and selling kits, I saw his 40 size Vagbond and thought it was a neat looking sport flier. Needless to say, I let the non-RC logic of too many projects already on the table persuade me not to buy the kit. By the time the project list was somewhat pared down, Bridi was no longer selling kits. It has taken me a while but I stumbled onto Bluejay Airplanes with their treasure trove of Bridi designs. Here was the Vagabond. I am now anxiously awaiting the "brown airplane truck" to bring it to my front door. Having already built and flown three other Bridi designs I can only anticipate the great flying characteristics of the Vagabond.

I am looking for anyone with experience with this plane and, If I am really lucky, anyone with recent experience with the kits from Bluejay Airplanes.

Let the balsa dust fly!

Steve Barnett
Arnold, MD

Old 06-10-2006, 01:14 PM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: BRIDI Vagabomd

Steve,
I have had two Vagabonds and have a kit stashed for another; great model! All were Bridi kits. The only change I can suggest is to cut loose and permanently attach the outboard two inches of each aileron to the wing trailing edge. I had trouble with aileron flutter and this cured it. Most recent one had a Thunder Tiger .46 and it was pretty fast. It died in a spectacular midair with an approximately 1.20 size bipe. We both were doing outside loops from the opposite direction and met at the bottom.
Chuck
Old 06-12-2006, 05:35 AM
roncoleman
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, Check this thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3170621/tm.htm in the classic pattern section
Old 06-12-2006, 08:59 AM
STEVEB

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the responses.

Chuck - I agree with your suggestion of enclosing the tips ofthe ailerons. Have done that on previous airplanes and feel the mod is worth the bit of time that it takes.

Ron - The good news in the link you provided is all expressed positive statements about the Vagabond. Good endorsements.

Steve
Old 06-12-2006, 01:11 PM
dragonov3
My Feedback: (3)

I think Bridi kits are the bomb. I have built two aircruisers. They fly wonderfully. The kits are fun to put together. I also did the aileron mod to stop the flutter problem.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30211.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	476529