Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Construction Manual for a Sig Kiwi

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Construction Manual for a Sig Kiwi

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 09:09 PM
jcasey7703

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Construction Manual for a Sig Kiwi

I purchased a Kiwi kit several years ago and only managed to get it about half finished before having to relocate.
Somewhere in the move the construction manual got lost. I am now trying to finish it and would like to know if
there is anyway I could get a copy of the construction manual.
I have already e-mailed SIG but they haven't responded yet. I also noticed the Kiwi was no longer listed in their kit offering. They may have discontinued it. Any help would be appreciated.

Gldwng
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	44637_21537.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	27839  
Old 01-02-2003, 10:50 PM
jcasey7703

Default Construction Manual problem solved.

Never mind! Problem solved. SIG responded to my e-mail with a 1-800 number to call their kitting department. Robbie told me the kit was discontinued but she would see if she could find one laying around. She did, and is going to make a copy and mail it to me. Thanks, Robbie! Now that's customer service.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:52 PM
ramcharger

Good Luck! I had that kit in the late 70's or early 80's. I looked through my old stuff and couldn't find anything for that kit. It is a good flyer but I had a very difficult time locating my radio and linkages inside. I used a ST 35 or 40 engine. I also had some problems getting my fuel tank and engine lined up and ended up installing the engine inverted. Mine was very light. I used the old Solar Film for covering.
Old 01-03-2003, 04:02 PM
jcasey7703

Default Sig Kiwi Kit

Thanks ramcharger! I already have my motor mounts set up for an inverted engine installation. I am going to use an Enya .35
I'm hoping that with the receivers and servos being a lot smaller now than they were when this kit came out that I won't have the stuffing problems you had, but only time will tell.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:07 PM
djlyon

I still have mine. The third RC model I built, probably in about 1971. Powered it with a K&B 40 RR rat race engine I converted to RC, also mounted inverted. It cleaned up the nose and worked out great. I probably got 2 or 3 hundred flights on it.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:18 PM
jcasey7703

Hi djlyon,

The thing that has impressed me so far in the construction is how strong the whole structure is, especially the wing, that thing is as solid as a rock. It doesn't surprise me that you could get a few hundred flights out of it.
gldwng
Old 06-26-2003, 09:01 PM
letsfly-RCU

Default Kiwi

I can't help with the manual. Hower, I am interested in buying another Kiwi. Please feel free to contact me if you don't have any luck finding a manual.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Lee43
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Construction Manual for a Sig Kiwi

My name is Eddie
I have had a Kiwi kit for over 18 years started to build it to fine that i lost the plans.
I email Sig this is what thay had to say.
Hi Ed,

The Kiwi has been discontinued and gone for a few years now. We no longer have the plans left.
You might find them on-line at Ebay or on the R/C chat forums.

Regards,
Justin Van Dee
Sig Mfg.

Sig dose offer a Constrution Manual for the Kiwi.
Do you know where I can get a set of plans?

Yours Truly Eddie