Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

lanier lazer 200 ??

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

lanier lazer 200 ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 02:13 AM
bobby crashes my planes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lanier lazer 200 ??

i just got a 1/4 scale lanier lazer 200 given to me and i'm rediong the plane i was looking threw the build book on the websight ang it sayes not to fly the plane without the struts on the tail the tail and stab is fully sheeted and it's strong does it really need the struts because who ever built it never put the struts on it any input will help thanks
Old 07-29-2006, 08:39 AM
tuwood

Default RE: lanier lazer 200 ??

If it says to use them I would.

I had the misfortune of filming a Laser 200 tail exploding in the air. It had the tail wires on it, but it still fluttered through them.
http://media.putfile.com/High-resolu...er-200-breakup
Old 07-29-2006, 08:45 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bobby crashes my planes

i just got a 1/4 scale lanier lazer 200 given to me and i'm rediong the plane i was looking threw the build book on the websight ang it sayes not to fly the plane without the struts on the tail the tail and stab is fully sheeted and it's strong does it really need the struts because who ever built it never put the struts on it any input will help thanks
The stab is sheeted? Okay, what's the turtledeck? There is an ABS plastic turtledeck supplied with the kit, but if the guy sheeted the stabs maybe he built a turtledeck, and included support in it for the stabs.

If there is lots of support for the horizontal & vertical stabilizers, you don't need the wires. Mine flexes a lot, without the wires, so I don't fly without.

The tank placement in this plane is high. Don't run with an inverted engine, but you'll be okay with the engine mounted sideways. Inverted, the carb is too far below the tank.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 07-29-2006, 08:52 PM
bobby crashes my planes

the turtle deck is the stock plastic one with no struts but the stabs are sheeted it's strong but i wanted to see what yall thought
Old 09-30-2006, 07:37 PM
bobby crashes my planes

well i retired the laser it didn't hold up blenders the fuselage folded behind the hatch i guess 15+ g's will do that