Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

engine location

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

engine location

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 02:11 AM
78-lt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine location

i am assembling a world models arf t-34 mentor the engine mountingholes are about 3/16 off center is this right or do i have to modify the mount to get it on center. i would assume the engine should be on center
thanks 78-lt
Old 01-04-2003, 03:55 AM
vinnie

Default engine location

78-lt, if there is right thrust built into the firewall, offsetting the engine to the right (as you look from in front) will allow the crankshaft to be in the center of the nose. I'm not familiar with your plane but this is pretty much standard practice for ARFs.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:49 PM
lownslo

Default He is "right" on!!!!

No pun intended. Just to affirm Vinnie's reply...my Great Planes Spacewalker ARF has a lot of right thrust built in. The mount holes were also off center to compensate......lownslo
Old 01-04-2003, 04:03 PM
78-lt

Default engine location

hi
thanks i guess i'll use the mounting holes where they are seemed odd that they would make a mistake like that ,the kit looks excellent and built well this is my first low wing plane so i was just being cautious.
thanks 78-lt