Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Yet another Venture 60 build thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:57 PM
piper28

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Yet another Venture 60 build thread

Hmm, so ChrisMH, you actually put the triangle stock inside the fuse? Interesting. I covered the triangle stock on the outside of my pt-40, didn't find that too hard to do. (I won't make the same claim about covering the rest of the plane, took me a while).

I'm going with the non-exposed servos. I have to admit I never really thought about the fact that torque rods is actually an even cleaner installation.

Nice covering job halflight. Green's a bit pale for my taste. Definitely not looking forward to the covering stage.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:56 AM
ChrisMH

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: piper28

Hmm, so ChrisMH, you actually put the triangle stock inside the fuse? Interesting. I covered the triangle stock on the outside of my pt-40, didn't find that too hard to do. (I won't make the same claim about covering the rest of the plane, took me a while).

I'm going with the non-exposed servos. I have to admit I never really thought about the fact that torque rods is actually an even cleaner installation.

Nice covering job halflight. Green's a bit pale for my taste. Definitely not looking forward to the covering stage.
I didn't use the tri-stock. I just cut a piece of 1/4" sheet to fill the space between the fuse sides under the hstab.

Oh, one thing I've read: if you don't use the torque rods, put another hinge on each aileron close to the fuse. The torque rods act as a hinge for the ailerons there and if you don't install them your ailerons won't be fully supported.

Chris
Old 11-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Birman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Piper, you've probably already looked at this site, but if not, there are some great covering schemes for the venture...

http://usedbits.cohenbrothers.org/venture60/
Old 11-07-2006, 10:48 AM
halflight

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, I had to reverse the gear to keep from tipping over. Keen observation.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:29 PM
ChrisMH

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Piper,

I can now tell you that you will *love* this airplane. I maidened my V60 today, putting 4 flights on it, and it is a sweet flying airplane. I need to play with props and control throws a bit, and get my engine completely broken in, but it's gonna be fun doing that

I installed my landing gear according to the plans, and am using the wheel pants...and I fly off of grass. If you do the same, be careful as it's pretty light in the tail when taxiing. You could reverse the LG as Halflight did, or drill your LG mounting holes a bit further forward. It's not a big deal to do it according to the plans. Just make sure you keep full up elevator when taxiing, and some up elevator while accelerating for takeoff.

Chris

Old 11-09-2006, 12:48 AM
cotman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just finished building mine. A really nice kit to build. Got it built in 7 days.... nites only. In the process of covering it now. I'll send pics when done.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:54 PM
piper28

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Heh, I had hopes for getting this done quickly, just seems like things always get in the way of doing that. Looks like it'll be a few days before I make any more progress, since I've managed to come down with something. (The irony of course being that I just go a flu shot earlier in the week (no, it's probably not the flu I've come down with)). Oh well, I need to order some parts anyways.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:39 PM
damifino

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You guys will love this airplane, no surprises, just an honest flyer that doesn't bite back. Here's mine. Over 100 flights on her, 25 as a seaplane. Saito .80, clipped wings, cowling and foredeck, dual aileron servos, compound turtledeck, cockpit moved back 1 3/4, radio gear mounted per plans, hand made float hardware and dual retractable water rudders. A sight to behold 10 feet off the water with the ball to the wall!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29627.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	558522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89998.jpg
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	558523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47267.jpg