Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sig SE CG

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig SE CG

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:37 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sig SE CG

I just wrapped up my Somthin Extra build tonight. When I checked the CG, it's a little tail heavy. The plans show the CG on the main spar. Mine is 5/16" or so behind this. Anybody fly the SE with the CG moved back? If so, how was it? I'm debating whether I want try and shift the battery or add weight to bring the CG forward. My old SE ARF had the CG right where the directions called for and it flew like it was on rails.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:29 AM
OverTheEdge
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig SE CG

I know someone that flew a SE with the CG aft from the recommended and it flew fine... but for a new plane, if it were mine, I'd bump it forward for the first flight or two... But that's me... I prefer to play it safe. [8D]
Old 09-08-2006, 08:02 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

You will be fine at that CG, I was flying mine at close to 1 1/2" behind the spar and it was still tough to stall at slow speeds. Very stable plane.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:35 AM
buzzingb
My Feedback: (2)

You will probally be ok where you are as the SE will fly a little tail heavy but why not get a larger motor for the front. That is what I did with my first SE that was tail heavy and I will never go back to the recomended engine size. The extra power just puts in a class by itself. It will be much faster and will get you out of trouble quicker so you can fly lower and do more than ever before. Engines to consider 61/91 two strokers Saito 91/100