Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sig SE Bites the dust!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig SE Bites the dust!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 05:22 PM
OverTheEdge
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig SE Bites the dust!

Well my Sig SE met the law of gravity today. Long story short... low altitude knife edge... pilot grabbed the wrong direction on the rudder stick (believe this is called dumb thumbs) and in it went at full throttle from about 20 or 30 feet up. [:@] I've had the plane for 3-4 years and it doesn't owe me a thing. RIP.

Now I have a decision to make fellow kit builders.

I'm not gonna rebuild this SE because, with the low cost of the kit, I could by a new one and build it probably faster than repairing this one. Not to mention it'll take a fair amount of epoxy and other materials etc... which will add more weight than I'd want on this plane. [8D]

This being said... I have an OS50sx and radio gear that's gonna get a new home this upcoming building season. Yes... I know the SE is a good plane and I'm not tossing out the idea of building another completely... but I thought I'd turn to the good ol' RCU crowd for suggestions. I'm kinda jones'n for a profile, maybe a mojo or omp yak or 540????

Give me some idea's...

One last thought... when knife edging down low... make sure you use the correct rudder input or things are gonna get ugly! [:@]
Old 09-09-2006, 08:42 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig SE Bites the dust!

go the MOJO route... you won't be disappointed!