Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Great Planes p51 First Time Kit Build Thread

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Great Planes p51 First Time Kit Build Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:44 PM
BradSD
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes p51 First Time Kit Build Thread

One more thing, I love that art in the background, that would look great in my home. whats the story on that, where did it come from?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:36 PM
starcop

Hi Brad, You know, I got that from a guy in Sun Valley Idaho and it was re-model from the musician Steve Millers house. Have you heard of the Steve Miller band? Yeah, it's really cool, I paid $500 bucks for it, back then I thought it was a good deal. It's wood engraved or something like that, I'd sell it? Let me know if your interested, I could use the money. The pictures are just like the day I bought them, kept them wrapped up and they've been hanging in my music & computer room ever sense. To some people they would be priceless! I'm a Steve Miller fan, but not an art collector. I can post pictures if you'd like? Let me know. Matt
Old 10-21-2009, 07:38 PM
starcop

I meant the F4U Corsair, in the Mustang I used a OS .61 I think, I'd have to pull the nose cone, I'm getting old, losing my memory, ha,ha. It's an OS 2 stroke, runs perfect too, for this bird. Matt
Old 10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
BradSD

Oh yeah I know the band. I love that older classic style rock. Id love to buy but I just cant spend the money right now. Got a contract coming up next month and with the economy bad im not looking to do very well. I guess its just good to have a decent job these days. Beautiful stuff though including those airplanes.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:26 PM
grillo

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hey guys here are a few of "my" mustangs [>:][>:] I used to build kits for $$ darn ARFS!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36950.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1302416   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51842.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	1302417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24979.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	1302418  
Old 10-26-2009, 06:13 PM
BradSD

Nice,,, I like the big beautiful doll plane. Is that the top flite kit or is it the GP. I think the other two are the GP kits. I have built both kits and I like how Top Flite P-51 looks and builds but I must say the semi scale Great Planes flys so nice.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 PM
starcop

Very Nice, Mustangs are such a great aircraft. I sure enjoy the way mine handles, couldn't ask for a more stable plane. I have trainer planes that seem harder to land than my Great Planes Mustang, it's the wing design that makes it almost a trainer itself. I know new pilots usually don't build there first airplane, but this Mustang would be my first choice, if I had to build another plane to learn from. The Hangar 9 PTS Mustang is one of the first planes I took off and landed without any help. Great planes has nice aircraft for new pilots with minimal flight time. The Corsair is my next build. Matt out.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:41 AM
grillo

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

THANKS starcop bradsd the 3 of theme are GP 40 size kits all were/are (really dont know) great flying machines the construction is simple yet strong and straigth foward love the mustang!!