Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

4 60 . extra 300 Goldberg , compare

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

4 60 . extra 300 Goldberg , compare

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 09:19 AM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4 60 . extra 300 Goldberg , compare

what are the biggest differences in these planes?

weight and span are about the same
Old 10-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 4 60 . extra 300 Goldberg , compare

ORIGINAL: typhoonfury

what are the biggest differences in these planes?

weight and span are about the same
Completely different handling characteristics. The Four star series is a popular second plane, a great low wing trainer. It is easy to fly, aerobatic, and somewhat self correcting. The Extras are a 'point and go' type of plane. A good 3rd or 4th airplane, but not for somebody who just mastered a trainer. How many planes you got? Any experience with a low winger?

An Extra will tip stall, while a Four Star dips it nose like a trainer in a stall. An Extra will snap hard if too much elevator is given, the Four Star will simply 'mush out'. An Extra needs some speed on landing; while a FourStar floats in, slower than a trainer.

If this is your choices for a second plane, go with the Four Star.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: 4 60 . extra 300 Goldberg , compare

Deadeye hit the nail on the head with this one, The Goldberg extra 300 is pretty dicile compared to the other aerobatic planes such as Cap's and edges and so on but can get out of control if not used to flying this type of plane. If you have some good flight time flying low wing aircraft I could not give a higher recomendation th the Goldberg extra 300 but if you don't, I would go with the 4*60 I love my Extra and is a pretty nice build and a nice kit with good instructions but so is the 4*

Dauntae