Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig Fazer?

Old 10-27-2006, 10:14 PM
AlphaWhisky

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Sig Fazer?

We`re not too big on kit building down here, mostly ARF`s these days but the dedicated few still scratch-build from plans or their own designs. I mostly operate that way but was recently offered a Sig Fazer kit that has been gathering dust under a bench for a while.

It looks like it might be quite fun as a weekend sports machine. Can someone out there who`s had experience with building and/or flying this one care to pass an opinion?

Thanks,

Alan W
Old 10-28-2006, 12:28 AM
donkey doctor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Sig Fazer?

Hello; If you've built most any kit before, you will enjoy building and flying the fazer. I had mine for two years, the first time I allowed someone else to fly it, they crashed it then froze at the sticks, It's a great flyer with a Saito 56. I first had an FP 40 in it then a Saito 45 before the 56. I have built and flew (flown?) many other similar profile planes and currently finishing uop a Gee whiz bee.

The build wasn't difficult at all and it's easy to get excellent covering results with Sig's sticker pack.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:02 PM
super tigre

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Fazer is a great building kit as the case with most of the sig kits.It is a fun plane to fly.I installed a larger fuel tank on mine on the left side the planes show it on the right.I have a super tigre 40 in mine fly's great.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:48 PM
wagen017

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have actually owned two Sig Fazers, and it is a fun plane to fly. Originally I flew it with a OS-46 FX, but actually, this is too heavy. Later I replaced it by a OS-32SX with a tuned pipe, and this was better. It is easy to build (it actually learned me to build planes). Of course it is a fun-fly plane, so you can joke around with it a lot, but hoovering I found difficult. I think the fuse is a bit too short for this.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:32 PM
loser
My Feedback: (37)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

KEEP IT LIGHT...the one I built from the kit was heavy and flew that way. If I build another I will choose wood more carefully and try adding some lightening holes here and there. Overall...a nice flyer though....