Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Brian Taylor Corsair - Going for it!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Brian Taylor Corsair - Going for it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:45 PM
jetfool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brian Taylor Corsair - Going for it!

hey guys, I've been following this thread. Pull my BT fru off the rackand I'm going to start building on it again. I bought all the acc. from B Holman years ago. getting back into the hobby . Scale builders sure help each otherwith info.
I work in INdy and live in crawfordsville
Regards,

Rex
Old 12-16-2008, 07:07 AM
snartakus

I contacted bob homan about the folding wing plan for the bt corsair, but he says
that he no longer supplies it can anyone here help ?

Thanks Mark.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:17 AM
rwright142

Bob used to sell the plans designed by Brian Taylor but as you found out he doesn't sell them anymore. A UK company bought the rights from Brian and off the top of my head I don't recall their name. But, the plans did NOT have the wing folding included. That is something that others have designed on their own. Pappy_883 has the best design I have seen so search for his posts or PM him and you'll see what I mean.

Here's a couple of videos of his design:
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX0c4wINQRM]Front & Rear View of F4U Corsair with Wings Folding by Pappy883[/link]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO5diaabCl8] F4U Corsair RC Plane Wing Folding by Pappy883 [/link]

If you are starting a new Corsair and want it to be super detailed and scale, check out the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7335038/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm]1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build[/link] forum.
Also, check out the ultimate [link=http://f4ucorsair.freeforums.org]Corsair Information Site[/link].
Old 09-12-2011, 05:29 AM
k_caller
My Feedback: (1)

Hello Pappy,
Thanks for showing the film and photos of your Corsair folding wings. It's impressive to say the least! I've been playing around with the idea of building the Ziroli Corsair and wanted to incorporate the folding wings for realism.
As I see in the photos, you use two air cylinders- 1 for the locking pin and 1 for the raising and lowering of the wing itself. I see in one of the photos an angular piece at the leading edge which appears that it will be hinged at a central point; then in another photo I think I see that piece in GFK with a screw. Can you please explain this for me? To me, obviously this keeps the leading edge in place retaining the alignment. What I cannot yet see is the wing with the top sheeting in place. Will the center section sheeting overlap the fold which would require that the center section ribs are cut oversize to accomodate the overlap?
I would really appreciate any info you can supply to me. For ease of contact please email me at [email protected] if possible.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Dennis
K_caller