Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Andrews Trainmaster

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Andrews Trainmaster

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 08:22 AM
ma_mulcahy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andrews Trainmaster

I was just looking at ebay at NIB kits. I was surprised to see this kit currently at $154 with 3 days left on the auction. Kinda makes me wish I would have bought a truckload of these instead of putting the dough into my 401K......LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMCO-ANDREWS-GRE...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-13-2007, 11:07 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Andrews Trainmaster

They were good planes to build and fly. I still have a strong fondness for the Mini Master myself, but you are right, they get big money for them now adays. Good Luck, Dave
Old 01-13-2007, 11:19 AM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: ma_mulcahy

I was just looking at ebay at NIB kits. I was surprised to see this kit currently at $154 with 3 days left on the auction. Kinda makes me wish I would have bought a truckload of these instead of putting the dough into my 401K......LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMCO-ANDREWS-GRE...QQcmdZViewItem
don't need to pay that for it....

http://lazer-works.com/misc.html

Old 01-13-2007, 08:45 PM
aa2dd

hmmmmmmmm ..... when the Andrews Trainermaster kit reaches retirement value type money, let me know. I have a brand new Andrews Trainermaster that i bought to many years ago to remember. Never got around to building it!

Old 01-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Michaelj2k

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A complete kit is available from Wing Mfg (Early RC). Great wood selection with all laser cut parts. $125 plus shipping but you have to call them as it's not listed on the website yet. http://www.wingmfg.com
Old 01-18-2007, 10:36 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

mc.. thank you thank you! I had a trainermaster and lou andrews aeromaster.I would rate them as one of my all time favorite ships..I have looked on ebay many times over the past several years only to get discouraged knowing out of production kits get big prices..so when you showed the lazer works custom kit site I am happy happy. thanks.amazing what information you get on rc universe..
Old 01-18-2007, 12:43 PM
ma_mulcahy

The kit closed at over $200 !

Also saw a PICA 1/6 Mustang currently at $255. The same seller sold one earlier this month for $365. Not bad!

Mike
Old 01-25-2007, 03:57 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

thank you lazer cuts.I am going to order the sportmaster as well.they have converted the trike geat to a taildragger/

no need to pay ebay 200 bucks!
Old 02-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Wings of Peril

This Trainermaster only cost me five bucks but I had to re-build it. With all the monokote peeling I did, I don't feel that it was much easier or quicker than building from a kit! I got it last Fall and finished it in 2 or 3 weeks. It flys great with my old Veco 61 for power. The only thing is I broke the Perry carb on another plane an replaced it with a K&B carb that I had. It runs OK now but as great as it was. So basically, all I have to do is find another Perry and this plane will be ready for this season and will likely be one of my favorite models.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66098.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	613275  
Old 02-04-2007, 08:56 AM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

nice! I just found out the other day that Lazer works (mentioned above as a source for the trainermaster kit) has released a short kit for a sportmaster! Already got one ordered!.