Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Liberty Sport Bipe CoG

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Liberty Sport Bipe CoG

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:56 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Liberty Sport Bipe CoG

I picked up a built large scale Liberty Sport Bipe at a swap meet this weekend. I don't know whose kit or plans it was built from, but looks very nice. I do not have any information about the Center of Gravity, and was wondering if any one familiar with the Liberty Sport could give me a good starting point for the CG? I was thinking somewhere near the LE of the lower wing, but I could be totally off base here. I remember a Sig Liberty Sport which I had years ago and it flew really nice which is why I purchased this one. Thanks for any information you might be able to give in regards to this problem.
Tommy
Old 03-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Red B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Liberty Sport Bipe CoG

On my SIG Liberty Sport plan the C.G. position is at the front of the leading edge of the lower wing where it enters the fuselage.

/Red B.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:49 PM
DocYates

With the engine and batteries in place it balances right there at the LE of the lower wing on the fuse, so looks like I aam probably in the ball park there. Thanks for the reassurance.
Tommy
Old 03-07-2007, 09:59 PM
bhady

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one also, but there are no flying wires on the wings. My question is does your have teh wires installed? If so could you advise where and how they they attach? Other posts have advised tehy are needed so the wings fon't fold up during flite. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

bhady
Old 03-07-2007, 10:16 PM
bhady

Also, Check the forums under Liberty Sport. beechbum advised me his plans indicate 43/8 back from the leading edge of the upper wing for the Sig model. There's some good info in the posts listed.

bhady

Old 03-07-2007, 11:34 PM
hogflyer

Looking at my Liberty Sport plans, the balance is at the leading edge of the lower wing, but can be moved 3/8" to 1/2" further ahead. The flying wires are not required for flight, but the manual suggests that strength of the wings will be enhanced if the "N" struts are made functional.

Hogflyer
Old 03-08-2007, 08:24 AM
DocYates

I only have N struts on mine,and no flying wires. I have had several of the smaller Sig Models and they did not have the flying wires on them either. Never had a problem with the wing folding, but I did break a wing into at the rear sweep of the top wing once while getting a little too "frisky" with it. I will be more careful with this one.
Tommy