Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Saito 150 inverted on CG Ultimate?

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Saito 150 inverted on CG Ultimate?

Old 02-16-2003, 08:53 PM
punkey71
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 150 inverted on CG Ultimate?

Hi All,

Has anyone tried mounting a Saito 150 inverted on the CG Ultimate. I see alot of folks mount sideways but have a good chunk of the head and valve covers out the right side (lateral balnce issue?).

I was wondering if there is a problem inverting a Saito 150 on this plane. I'm building the kit now and don't know which direction to go...

Any help appreciated.

Best,
Harold
Old 02-16-2003, 09:04 PM
Hurri

Hi Punkey , I have been putting 4/s inverted in scale models for years , last one was a Saito 180 . I usually put it at 7 oclock position looking from front of plane , a big benefit is to use an "on board " battery to glow plug . need a limit switch to throttle servo , so that as you go to 1/4 or so throttle on cut back the batt; kicks in to glow the plug . Then you won't have any problems , honest!
Old 02-16-2003, 09:10 PM
punkey71
My Feedback: (3)

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Best,
Harold
Old 02-17-2003, 02:26 AM
ilikeplanes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cowling is definitely wider than it is tall toward the front. You will have a lot of cylinder sticking out (down). I'm not sure, but it may make installation and removal of the cowling difficult. I would take a good look at the plans before you do it. My Saito 120 is mounted 20 degrees down from horizontal. I think it looks fine.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:52 PM
Hurri

Hi guys, It was a while back that I had the C.G, Ultimate , I had a
120 Enya "R" in it . I thought really that Harolds query was if a 150 Saito would run ok without quitting if he put it in inverted, so I said "yes" . Not familar with how much space in the cowl , but probably [without looking at it] more room at bottom than on side ? Any way for that part of question I will leave it to you guys . regards AL