Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Great Planes/Top Flite new releases?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Great Planes/Top Flite new releases?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 08:53 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Great Planes/Top Flite new releases?

I haven't heard or seen anything new in the kit line from GP or TF from the posts on Toledo....does that mean we have to wait another year for another new kit to hit the market?[&o]
Old 04-15-2007, 09:49 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes/Top Flite new releases?

Tailskid,
I'm on my way home from covering the show for RCU. GP/Top flight do indeed have some new offerings in the kit world. But new is actually not completely accurate here. They are re-releasing 5 of their most popular kits to the market. The Ultra Sport 40 & 60, the Super Sportster 40 & 60, and the Tracer. They are bringing them back due to the demand from the builders that wanted to see these kits again. I did an interview with Don Anderson to announce this at the show.

[link=http://www.infinityok.com/review/great_planes_announcment.wmv]Great Planes New Kit Announcement[/link]

GP did have a new 3D ARF called the Reactor that looked pretty sexy if you are into that type of plane. They also have some new smaller electrics. RCU member JWN was taking still pictures at the show and is in the process of uploading them over the next few days. I know he's taken literally hundreds of pictures, so it's taking him a bit to sort through them and get them uploaded.

The new kits are due out in July. That's when they are going to be cutting them, and they will hit the market shortly after that. Tower is taking orders now for these kits, so get your name on the list if you want one!!

Ken
Old 04-15-2007, 01:42 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes/Top Flite new releases?

If someone doesn't start releasing new kits, I might be forced to go into Jets