Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

CG for Senior Telemaster and incidences?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

CG for Senior Telemaster and incidences?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 03:31 PM
JoeyCoates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG for Senior Telemaster and incidences?

I have recentl aquired a Telemaster (96" wing, I believe it is a Senior?) from an uncle in law of mine who recently passed away. I actually did not know him as we only met twice and so di dnot know that he flew. Anyway, my Aunt found out that I am a flier and asked if I wanted it which did not take long to answer! When I picked it up the wings and tail looked good, but the rear of the fuselage had about a 15 degee warp in it. I do not know how this happened, but when I stripped it and split the rear fuse sides one side sat about .75" higher then the other and the warp was built into the longerons. I have taken this opportunity to kit bash the Telemaster and it is turning into a C-119 looking airplane with one engine up front with a trunucated tail and the stab/vertical surface is going to be attached with booms coming off of the wing. Also installing large fowler type flaps although I do know that it really does not need them. I will be able to put the servo's fro the tail and wing in the wing/boom area and open up the fuse under the wing for a camera or bomb drop, the whole area in the fuse under the wing will be available for payload.

I am using the stock tail but I do not have plans to give me the cg or the wing to tail incidences so if someone here has a set of plans that they can look at to give me the information then I would appreciate it. I am also going to cut the wing in half to make it a two piece design, I have a large full size truck with a 6.5 bed and while the wing will fit diagonally it really takes up the whole bed. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Don41

Default RE: CG for Senior Telemaster and incidences?

The wing has a 4 1/2 degree incidence, stab is 2 degrees, size 60 engines are 2 degrees right and 3 degrees down thrust. The CG is 5 inches from the leading edge.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:55 AM
JoeyCoates

Default RE: CG for Senior Telemaster and incidences?

Thanks!