Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

1/4 scale TIGERMOTH kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

1/4 scale TIGERMOTH kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 04:47 PM
iflewbayou-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 scale TIGERMOTH kit

I am looking to build a 1/4 scale TIGERMOTH was wondering what would be the best kit to build or who cuts a nice kit for this plane..... I have looked at the Flair kit and i am in the process of Building the Flair Dr1 73" span kit right now and it is looking good, .. Hope to hear some good ideas from yall soon ...Thanks
Old 02-24-2003, 04:55 PM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tiggie

If you like the Flair DR-1, you'll absolutely love the Flair Tiger Moth. Very complete kit, but be prepared for brazing the wing support wires together, brazing the fully functional main gear together and gluing together Umpteen hundred individual parts that make up the structure.

Once completed, it's a nice flying model. Mine weighed 18 lbs with a Saito 150 including 2 lbs of lead in the nose to balance.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	57954_745.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	36171  
Old 02-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Here's my Clarke Tigermoth.

A relatively easy build but requires a lot of effort to make scale.
Builds a bit heavy (22lbs) but flies very well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	58002_6878.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	36172  
Old 02-24-2003, 10:28 PM
iflewbayou-RCU

thanks Jim and Pettit ... I think the flair kit will be the way to go ''' as for as the brazing i am a welder by trade so this will be know problem... i have a small Tigermoth that i train people with made by GeeBee Products .... it is this best plane i have ever flown, better than any trainer you can buy.... i actualy have 3 of them cut out waiting to be built if mine gets crashed ...Thanks again for the input i might have some more questions later if you dont mind...
Old 04-07-2004, 12:22 PM
rudolf35

Default RE: 1/4 scale TIGERMOTH kit

I am starting in on a Flair Tigermoth with a Saito 180. My question is how did Dick P. work the hinges. I have been reading the instructions and from what I can see the hinges for the elevator are made from the stock metal and then the are moundted by cutting through the H-Stab, gluing them in and then covering them via a full span balsa stick top and bottom. Now, it makes me a bit nervous to cut through the stab. I am thinking about using hingpoint by drilling the hole at the location noted and still covering edge with the wod strip. Any ideas or thoughts.