Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

What to build next?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

What to build next?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 07:49 PM
iflyg450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to build next?

Looking for some companies that are putting out laser cut kits. I've checked out sky shark r/c just looking for something different. Any suggestions I'll fly anything any size don't care. I just finished a pica 1/12 Fw-190 that was my first taste of the joys of a laser cut kit. I belive if more kits were laser cut more people would build.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:58 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: What to build next?

If you want a Cub...1/5 scale by Sig is laser-cut...
Old 05-23-2007, 09:27 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: iflyg450

Looking for some companies that are putting out laser cut kits. I've checked out sky shark r/c just looking for something different. Any suggestions I'll fly anything any size don't care. I just finished a pica 1/12 Fw-190 that was my first taste of the joys of a laser cut kit. I belive if more kits were laser cut more people would build.
Just because a kit is "laser cut" does not mean it's well designed or easy to assemble.

I just finished a "Laser Cut" Goldberg Eaglet 50 to teach a friend to fly. This was my first trainer 25 years ago so I thought a quick trip down memory lane might be fun.

The laser cutting left a lot to be desired. The plywood parts had large and numerous retention tabs that would not allow me to separate the parts with a hobby knife. I had to use my sroll saw. How many "beginners" have a scroll saw? The notches for the spars on the ribs were not cut cleanly and required me to cut them out by hand. Anyway, you get my point. The old "die cut" kit was a lot easier and quicker to assemble.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:45 AM
donrreynolds

Sig puts out some great laser cut kits. Most of the parts are self aligning and easy to seperate from the ply/balsa panels. I am almost done with a Sig 4* and have loved the ease of building.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.adrianpage.com/

Adrian puts out a great kit. Never heard a bad word building or flying one. Check out his site.

Pete
Old 05-23-2007, 03:16 PM
IL2windhawk

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wanna build a Top Flite spitfire.

COOL!
drool...
Old 05-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Where did you get the PICA die cut kit?? I built the Sky Shark F6F, nice kit but the prices are just A tad high for me. If you don't mind the price and don't mind A small heavy plane they are A great build and very scale.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:39 AM
hrrcflyer

Iflyg450,

Check out www.precisioncutkits.com. They have ALOT of kits to choose from. All of their kits are not be laser cut, but they will send you a list of plans with a price list that shows which kits are laser cut. I have seen a couple of their kits that are not laser cut and the quality is outstanding and the prices are very reasonable.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Fly safe and have fun!!
David