Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Kit building

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Kit building

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Zagzoo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit building

Anyone know of a good reliable company that scratch builds kits? I have plans from 15yrs ago for a Presscot Pusher (BD-5 w/ a T tail) takes a 1.2 2-stroke motor in the rear of the plane, 60"some inch wingspan. Would like to have it built, but dont know of anyone to build it.

thanks
frank
Old 05-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kit building

Hi zagzoo,

A search here on RC Universe will reveal quite a number of threads from satisfied and dissatisfied customers of many commercial builders. In most clubs there are still people who build from kits and plans, usually old farts like myself. If you like their models why not ask one if he would build for you? Don't forget that by the time you, or anyone else has purchsed the balsa, spruce, ply, foam, covering, hardware, cowls etc, etc the materials cost more than an ARF. That is without any costs for time spent on the build. Still some that I know will build for a few slabs of beer if you supply all the materials.

Good Luck,

Colin