Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Clancy StaggerBee plans

I have been looking all over the net for a set of plans for the Clancy StaggerBee, but it seems impossible to find. If anybody have a set of plans for sale, i would be very interested...

Jon-Magne Johansen
    http://home.online.no/~jon-mj/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Clancy StaggerBee plans

Hey Jon-Magne
    I am looking for them aswell but they seems hard to find,but hopefully someone has them
    I would like to pay for a copy aswell.
    Good luck

Uffe Henneberg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, i know many others are looking for them.
    Have you built any other Clancy designs?
    I built 2 LazyBees, one normal 122cm, and one scaled-up 180cm. Both flies beautifully.
    I also built a SpeedyBee from my own plans, but it was not very good...

JM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes I am currently flying with the 48" lazy bee ,I have the plans for Lady Bug and I'm just started on the Speedy Bee.
    Witch Engine do you have in the big bee?

/Uffe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A Magnum .91 4-stroke. It is perfect for this model - i tried a .64 4-stroke, but it was not enough. With the .91, it goes vertical and can hover..
    More info on my homepage; http://home.online.no/~jon-mj/big_lazy_bee.htm
    And video here; http://vmfk.com/Video/JMJ/LazyBee3.wmv

I will build one more, with 140-150cm wingspan and brushless setup. I have scanned the plans, so it is easy to scale them to any size.

JM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I built a Stagger Bee a couple of years ago - I was NOT happy with it.

It was designed for electrics and made VERY light and small, both wings were held on with elastics as were the wheels. The wheels were attached directly to the wing with no suspention. Once completed it flew poorly - hard to trim and overly sensitive.

A buddy of mine made a copy and had similar experiences - neither plane lasted the first season.

I can check to see if I still have a copy of the plans - BUT I don't recommend this plane to anyone. [] Perhaps this is why they are so hard to find now. [&o]
    It's Time to Kick the Tires and Light the Fires!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some reports it flies OK, and some says it is awful. It is a very special plane, so i am still interested in giving it a try.
    If you can find the plans, please let me know.

JM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hejsa Jon-Magne
    It is a nice homepage you have made ,there's a lot of work put in it I guess.
    I want to try the Stagger-bee course its a beutiful plane,and i hope if its trimmed it will fly ok.

Uffe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

jmj,

Great video! Thanks for posting it! That is the extended wing version right? The inverted 4 stroke 91 really seems to work nicely with it. I will soon be getting a set of extended wing Lazy Bee plans. I think I will have to scale it up 150% and have one of those nice birds too. Maybe I will build both short and long wings.....

Treven.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes it is the extended wing version. The .91 works very good inverted.
    The tires is DuBro 6 inch inflatabeles. They is just right on the LazyBee, but heavy - 600 grams.
    My LazyBee is lighter with floats than with wheels.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys,

I am a big Clancy fan, the cartoon type look to his planes I find appealing. As the gentleman said above they are a plane that can be hard to get along with. Sort of like a Jack Russell Terrier, you'll never going to change their personality so you will need to change yours to enjoy their company. Personally I enjoy them. I have the plans for all of his planes as well as the kits (not for sale) and some are ready to be flown and some are in a hanger (crashed Speedy Bee and Stagger Bee) needing serious repair. I can get you copies of the Stagger Bee with the plans for the Wingaron. Full size plans are four pages and comes with instructions. Here is the bad news, the cost. I will only ship them rolled and the tubes are rather pricey at about $4.00. Also the size of the plans and being 4 pages are a little pricey. I can get them to you for $40.00 shipped tube and all. There maybe someone out there that can do better but I can't wish I could. It took me forever to get what I have his stuff is becoming hard to find. I even have two complete kits with plans and instructions
    of the 1/4 scale Sky Baby. Beautiful plane haven't flown it yet heard it is a monster. Just let me know and will go from there. I accept paypal even though it will cost me it will be the safest way to do business for both of us.

Jay

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Jay
    I'm very interrested in the plans your price seems fair,as you say they are to get.
    I have plans for Lazy bee ,Speedy bee, and lady bug, is it possible to get a copy of some of the other plans.
    It's fine with Paypal ,you can reach me at my e-mail; Uffe(at)Henneberg.dk
    Thanks
    Uffe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bojasmi
    I Too Would Be Interested In A Set Of The Stagger Bee Plans. Just Traded Off My 80" Span Speedy Bee With A Saito 300 Twin On It And I Am Wanting To Do The Same Thing To A Stagger Bee. If You Can Make Another Set Just Let Me Know By E-Mailing Me @ FLYINMIKE458@aol.com I Would Really Appreciate It.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bojasmi
    I Too Would Be Interested In A Set Of The Stagger Bee Plans. Just Traded Off My 80" Span Speedy Bee With A Saito 300 Twin On It And I Am Wanting To Do The Same Thing To A Stagger Bee. If You Can Make Another Set Just Let Me Know By E-Mailing Me @ FLYINMIKE458@aol.com I Would Really Appreciate It.

Mike