Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Bob Godfrey - Citabria Pro

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Bob Godfrey - Citabria Pro

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 01:25 AM
cajungent38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob Godfrey - Citabria Pro

Has anyone here built a Bob Godfrey - Citabria Pro? I just bought the plans and was looking for some tips and info. Any help would be appreciated.
Jay
Old 03-11-2003, 09:19 PM
jwv3
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry, i have a question instead of a comment.

Just curious about the specs. What scale is it? What engine size is it designed for?
Old 03-11-2003, 11:36 PM
cajungent38

This is the information that got me to buy the plans:

Here is a plane that the designer and builder put more detail in stand off than some of us put in true scale. If memory is correct Stand Off was to be sort of an entry level scale competition to get new modelers started in scale. These 30 year old plans were build to highly detailed scale. The designer spent a lot time measuring and photographing a full size "Citabria Pro". The Citabria" can be built with a little less detail or you could go all out and add even more. (Yea Right). The original was flown with a Ross Twin .60 for power. If you don't have a Ross maybe you could used a normal .60 2 cycle engine or maybe a .80 4 cycle. The wingspan will be around 63 inches when the plane is all built.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:42 PM
jwv3
My Feedback: (1)

Okay, I know exactly what you are talking about. I have a copy of an old magazine article about that plane. It had a twin .60 in the pictures.

I also bought some photo's of the real Citabria Pro from that company which sells scale documentation. For some reason, I can't think of their name right now.

Looks like a great project but I am looking for 1/4 scale. I may just settle for 1/5 scale and buy Balsa USA's kit.

Anyway, good luck with your project!