Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

YS .91 doesnt seem to fit into cowl for lil cap 232

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

YS .91 doesnt seem to fit into cowl for lil cap 232

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 04:22 AM
paulfromero
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS .91 doesnt seem to fit into cowl for lil cap 232

YS .91 doesnt seem to fit into cowl for lil cap 232 made by Midwest. If you've built this kit and fit the engine in alright, let me know...Midwest seems to have done it ok with there .91.

Paul
Old 11-27-2004, 10:38 PM
BelAirBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: YS .91 doesnt seem to fit into cowl for lil cap 232

I have the Midwest Lil Cap 232 and am using an OS 91FS. My cowling is from Stans Fiber Tech and had to cut a square to accommodate the engine head. Does not look bad and maybe provides a little extra cooling too.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:09 PM
jon595
My Feedback: (2)

I've built this plane, and originally flew it with a side mounted Saito .91. Wanting more power, I substituted the Saito for an inverted YS .91. But to tell you the truth, it flew a lot better with the Saito. I guess the 1/2 lb. of weight made a big difference on the 7 1/2 lb model, so I took it out and put the Saito back in, inverted. With the side mounted Saito it fit without having to cut the cowl. YS inverted had a hole on the bottom that the head stuck out of. Also, tried many different elev. actuation methods. The one that worked the best for me was the MK large elevator bellcrank. Keep this plane light and it ROCKS!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34235.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	197920  
Old 11-30-2004, 11:04 AM
lrb75
My Feedback: (12)

I have this setup and had to cut a small square out of the cowl to get it to fit. I would suggest chucking the plastic cowl and getting a fiberglass one. By the way my plane balanced much better with the YS than the Saito 91 or the Supertiger 90 it had in it before. Still can't get the YS to run right so can't tell you about the performance. But I have ruined 2 truturn spinners when it backfires.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

"WOW" ruined 2 spinners ,MY 91 had a piston design flaw that was under warranty ,its a 91ac fz I was having the same sort of probs ,so if your engine is of the same type as mine and hasnt had a new piston put in you may want to check with YS.