Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Lazy Bee engine choice

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Lazy Bee engine choice

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 04:59 PM
cropdusterdave
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lazy Bee engine choice

Hey fellas, I'm in the process of finishing my Lazy Bee and am having a dilema on power plant choice. I have a OS 10 just freshly broken in and sittin' around. I also have an OS 15 with a few seasons on it sittin in a 1/12 scale mustang that isn't currently flying. I'm just wondering if that 10 is gonna have the power I want for those crazy-stupid aerobatics that make me giggle with the Bee, or if I should can. the 15. any ideas? just wondering....
Old 03-08-2003, 06:51 PM
Sport Flyer
My Feedback: (10)

My Bee with a 45" wing has been flown with an OS 10FP for 4 seasons now. It loops and rolls, but it could definitely use a bit more power as it doesn't have much vertical. Even so, I'm still grinning ear after each flight. I covered my fuse with silkspan and dope, while the wing is covered in Micafilm and the horizontal stab is covered with Monokote. I also used a fullsize servo for rudder after stripping two submicros.

I've recently purchased a OS 20 FS, pre-Surpass that I plan on installing in it. Hopefully it will have more power/torque for vertical performance. Btw, there's a pic of mine in my gallery.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:22 PM
conkster

Default lazy bee

i have a lazy bee w/ a os 15 la. everyone seems to think this is a strong engine for a 15 la [bushing motor]. it pulls it into the air pretty fast. it doesn`t have unlimited vertical but close. if i try different props it might get better. it`s all i need !

conk
Old 03-08-2003, 09:12 PM
twostroke
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm building one now a 50" with ailerons planing to put a saito 30 on it!!