Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Venture 60 discontinued

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Venture 60 discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Klaatu
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venture 60 discontinued

Another lesson learned in waiting too long. A week or two ago I decided to get back into the building hobby. I had the same thought a couple of years ago and having decided on getting a couple of Venture 60 kits, BTE was out of stock and I put off the whole idea for a while. Last week I checked and kits were in stock. So just now I go to http://www.btemodels.com to get ready to place an order and lo and behold, "Sorry, this kit has been discontinued". ARGH!!!

I called and talked to Bruce. Indeed, he changed the web site today and the Venture 60 is discontinued. If anyone has a kit or three in their closet and do not plan on building it, I am looking for two or three kits.

Life is short. Do NOT wait for what you want. Get it now.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:05 PM
bigugly

Default RE: Venture 60 discontinued

that really stinks ....... I was planning on getting one soon [:@]
Old 08-28-2007, 10:33 PM
chashint

Last year I saw the Astro Hog was "limited supply" at Tower which is often the prelude to being discontinued so I bought one as insurance against losing the one I am flying.
The Venture 60 was one that has on my someday list for a long time, to bad I did not stockpile it too.
So add me to the list of those that waited to long.
Maybe I will have to just do that, stockpile a bunch of kits that I might want to build 'someday' they can keep the three already in the closet company.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:58 AM
yel914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The writing is on the wall. Best learn to scratch build if you don't like ARFs. Perhaps Bruce would be willing to sell just the plans for the Venture. Might be worth a call. Here's a teaser of what you're missing out on
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67721.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	752389  
Old 08-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

From the website:
It's true, the Venture 60 has been discontinued. This decision was not made lightly. The V60 was BTE's flagship design for 14 years. But Bruce has found it impossible to keep up with production AND develop new designs at the same time, so something had to give. The silver lining is that perhaps this move will lead to some new kit designs from BTE in the future. V60 accessories and replacement parts will remain in stock for a limited time.
- Please don't read anything into the above news about the V60. With the recent shutdowns of several small kit manufacturers, it would be easy to jump to the conclusion that BTE might be headed in the same direction. Not so! BTE is committed to the production of "Quality-Minded Model Airplane Kits" for the long haul. Right now, a new batch of Flyin' Kings is in the works, and should be available soon. Send us an email if you are interested in the Flyin' King, and we will add you to our notify-when-ready email list.

Don't be too surprised if the V60 is reissued sometime down the road. Bruce is just trying to get caught up and free some time to develop new designs.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Klaatu

Bruce does list plans available separately. I am going to get a copy when I order a couple of Delta Vortex kits this week.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:35 PM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am SO glad I built mine 2 years ago. These should be required building for anyone. Maybe he could find someone to kit them for him? It is such a great flyer also.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62637.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	752831  
Old 08-29-2007, 08:43 PM
Klaatu

[subliminal]sell me your Venture 60 kit[/subliminal]

I have heard so many praises for it, I was really looking forward to opening the box for the first time. Reading his website, Bruce sounds very dedicated to being a one-man operartion. If his reputation is valid, QA would kill him in time and materials if he farmed any work out.

-Jan

[subliminal]sell me your Venture 60 kit[/subliminal]
Old 08-29-2007, 11:54 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bingo said: "These should be required building for anyone"....NOT SO....once you build one of Bruce's kits, all the rest are INFERIOR!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 06:04 AM
yel914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easily the finest quality kit I have ever seen. Well worth waiting for a special run, if one ever happens.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:30 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

I too built the Venture 60! Took it to Costa Rica, and once my best flying buddy saw it in the air, he said "You are not taking that back to California". Correct, but I came back only with the plans to build another one, now it is too late.
I also built a Sky King - both super kits, ones that you don't have to use the furnished part as a pattern to cut a good one - every BTE piece was used.
The Sky King kit is also unavailable. If you have a spare, I am interested. Haven't put anything down on paper yet - but I can see one with a couple of 46's out on the wing.......
Old 08-31-2007, 11:51 AM
theo63

wow im bummin now that was one i wanted to get again for this winter i hope he does get some more out one of these days it was a great kit and flew fantastic,,,,,,come on bruce i hope you get all caught up and bring us the venture 60 back
Old 08-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Klaatu

The Flyin King is "temporarily out of stock". The Venture 60 is "discontinued". Big difference.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:46 PM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He does show the wing kit and the fuse kit for sale, you would have to buy the plans, and make your own tail feathers, maybe the landing gear....
Old 11-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

I too waited to long, now I sob in despair for waiting to long. We should get a petition going and maybe if we get enough orders placed together he will make one more run of them.. Just an idea.. Wouldn't hurt to try. I sent him pics of my FourStar lineup and a heart felt sob story so only time will tell. [sm=cry_smile.gif]

Shane
Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 AM
theo63

pit - viper,,i agree with you,,ill take 2 kits right off the bat i just love this plane and i so wanted to build another one this winter but i waited to long as well,,come on bruce give us at least one more shot at such a great kit and fantastic flying plane,come on people keep this going
Old 11-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Pit-Viper 1

Those of us who would like a kit or 2 should sound off now so that we can a number to throw at them. Who knowS, maybe they will read this and and fill one more order. After all its' not like they can't make them, like they stated, they are just moving on to other things.

I WILL TAKE 2 EVEN 3.......

Shane
Old 11-10-2007, 02:41 AM
Klaatu

Bruce has a mailing list for people who want to be notified about future Venture 60 happenings. Email him and get on the list. I am first on this list. :-) Even though I now have two kits, one from ebay and one from the marketplace here, I will remain first on the list and will certainly buy one if/when he makes another batch.

Bruce's email address is on the bottom of the pages on his site - http://www.btemodels.com/

Old 11-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Pit-Viper 1

Klaatu, thanks email has been sent.

Hey you have 2 kits? hhmmmmm..

sending you an email

Shane
Old 11-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Pit-Viper 1

From a business standpoint, wouldn't you at least post to or email past costumers that you will be discontinuing a product very soon??. Especially if your product is very popular. At least post it and see how many are wanted. I would go to his site every week or so and sit there with the order filled out knowing if I hit the button one more time I was going to have deal with my wife's evil eyes and silence, (which isn't always a bad thing). Honey if you read this I love you... Just venting.. If i read all the excellent things people said about my product I would definitely give everyone a last chance to pick one up.

Well he replied to my email and "IF" and when it happens it won't be for a couple years. [&o][]

Oh well guess I will have to go do some therapy to get my spirits up again. Weather is cool and calm, perfect flying weather..

Later Shane
Old 11-12-2007, 10:55 AM
theo63

wow a couple of years thats bad news,ill be waiting for some time now. i wonder though why he stopped production on them in the first place,i hope to see one for sale before then maybe on ebay
Old 11-12-2007, 12:56 PM
BruceTharpe
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Shane, Steve, and others: This wasn't an easy decision. The V60 is an old friend! The problem is that I want to develop more kits, but finding time has proven impossible. Something had to give, and V60 production was it.

Why not announce it beforehand? I thought about it, but I made this decision when there were only a dozen or so kits left and was afraid that it would cause more problems than just letting it run its course. Yes, I knew there would be a handful of disappointed builders and believe me, I am sorry about that.

And yes, I do have an email list of those interested in a possible future run of V60s. Please understand there are no promises about when, or even if, I will find time for another batch. Folks on the email list will be the first to hear about it if I do.

Oh, and a big THANK YOU to all the V60 builders and pilots out there. I truly appreciate all the positive reports and kind words about the kit that I've heard since it came to market over 13 years ago. Glad you liked it!
Old 11-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Pit-Viper 1

Bruce it is nice to hear from you, I hope our despairs weren't taken the wrong way. We do love your products and they will be missed. It is such an easy design to work from. Until then we will keep an ear to the ground and our eyes in the skies in hopes of futures sighting if this wonderful bird...

Shane
Old 11-12-2007, 02:39 PM
BruceTharpe
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Shane. Just to be clear, I have only discontinued one kit, the Venture 60. I plan on keeping the others in production, and hopefully find time for some new designs.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:29 PM
theo63

bruce,thanks so much for the response,i hope as well you didnt take anything the wrong way was just looking forward to building another one,ill be on the e mail list today and will hope for another run someday just like great planes did with the ultra sport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.