Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Hope my Senior Telemaster shipped

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Hope my Senior Telemaster shipped

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:06 AM
tstotts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hope my Senior Telemaster shipped

Marcus The Tele has a wide range of engine selections. I flew patternmans STM in Joplin with a Saito 1.00 and it did a great job. I have decided to use a Magnum 1.20 because I have one with very little time on it. The biggest Saito I have is and .80 and I plan to tow with mine so opted for the larger engine.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:31 AM
housedad

AARGHHH!!

I give up. I'm going to order the plans from RCM on Monday.

I'll send off a email telling Hobby Lobby to cancel my order. They ain't ever gonna ship.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:56 PM
vmsguy

ORIGINAL: housedad

AARGHHH!!

I give up. I'm going to order the plans from RCM on Monday.

I'll send off a email telling Hobby Lobby to cancel my order. They ain't ever gonna ship.

In case you're interested, lazerworks has a short kit available. They don't advertise it on their website, but they have it. They have two
versions, a "wide body" with a wider fuselage, and you'll need a fiberglass cowl. Or you can get the standard version.

I contacted them, and I had the short kit within a week. I've been building it, I should have mine ready for balancing, coating and final assembly by the end of this or next week. I've been planning on posting a build thread when I'm done.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27637.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	869131  
Old 02-03-2008, 03:15 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy a set of plans and make your own.

It is mostly a stick built model anyway, so you really won't have many extra parts to make.

The best version, flying wise, is the one without the leading edge sheeting.

Ed Cregger
Old 02-03-2008, 11:13 PM
vmsguy

The plans from RCM don't have leading edge sheeting. I've modified my wing and added sheeting because I want to use clear monocoat, and I wanted to "hide" a few things.

Lazerworks short kit is basically the wing ribs, stabilizer ribs, fin and rudder, three bulkheads, and front fuselage pieces.

The hardest part about building this plane from scratch is finding stock that's 4 feet long. The spars, leading edge, sheeting on the trailing edge, etc. But other than that, it has been a very rewarding experience.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12513.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	869540  
Old 03-11-2008, 02:17 PM
housedad

Just got these Emails: (personal and nonessential info edited out)

------------------------------------- 2:52 PM:

Thank you for placing an order with Hobby-Lobby. This is an automatic e-mail to confirm that we have received your order and to let you know that it is being processed.

You will receive an additional email when we finalize your shipment and your order is invoiced. That email will have an itemized listing of your order and will also show you if any item(s) were placed on back order.

We appreciate your business. Hobby-Lobby has been serving the RC community for over 40 years with "the best stuff" in both products and services. We want you to be completely satisfied with your order and will do our very best to make that happen. We have many questions and answers in our online knowledgebase at http://www.hobby-lobby.com/support.

------------------------------------- 3:08 PM:

Thank you for ordering from Hobby Lobby. This is a shipping confirmation and electronic invoice for your order. This will be the final email you will receive concerning the order. On another note, if an item happens to be out of stock at the time this order ships, the back ordered item(s) will be automatically shipped once we receive them into stock.

--------------------------------------

Payment authorization verified.

I'm in shock and speechless....... nine months back ordered.....
Old 03-11-2008, 07:38 PM
vmsguy

That makes two of us... I got the shipment notices as well...

Just in time.. I'm all but finished building my Scratch built version!
Old 03-12-2008, 12:00 AM
housedad

Yeah! I had given up and got my plans a couple of week ago, and I have a order in for balsa! I guess I get to kit and scratch build one too!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 01:52 AM
housedad

Vmsguy- Did you get your kit yet?

If you have and you looked in it, do you feel like it's a little like uh, to say it nicely, majorly Die Crunched? Some of the ribs are really shot in mine.

The plans in the kit are really poor copies, too. Looks like the toner of the copy machine was on its last gasp.

Well, for 85 bucks I really can't cry much. I would if I paid the current 125 for it though.

Bion
Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 PM
vmsguy

Yup, I received it... I just looked it over.. The ribs are OK. A little crunched, but not bad. I'm disappointed, no shaped leading edge...

Like you.. for $85, I won't complain.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:45 PM
minitelemaster

I have the same feelings on the kit quality as you guys. Some of the lines on my plans aren't even straight! Is anyone going to do any mods like 2piece bolt on wing, sheeted fus, servos in the tail, etc? I'd be interested to hear about it.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:53 AM
tstotts

I am building mine from the plans I am putting my servos in the back for rudder and Elevator. Doing a bombbay using two servos. I sheeted the leading edge of the main wing. I plan on using mine as a drop and tow plane so using the Mag 1.2 4 cycle for power. My color scheme will be Tornado Alley Model Aviator Club colors and logos. At this point I have the fuselage, main wing and stabs framed up and am installing the electronics. I plan to completely assemble the frame including engine and electronics then take it apart and do the covering. Will post some pics before I get to much further along.