Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Big Chaos vs Stinger 120

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Big Chaos vs Stinger 120

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Thumprding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Chaos vs Stinger 120

Looking at a winter building project and these two are looking pretty good. Any suggestions or comments or inputs would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:05 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Big Chaos vs Stinger 120

For me that choice would be easy, Big Chaos. In my opinion there isn't anything that flies like a Chaos, and I'll never pass up the chance to fly one. I love em.

Ken
Old 10-01-2007, 06:19 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The tapered wing of the Chaos really make them track well. I have a Killer and it flies great.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:32 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chaos hands down. I had a Direct Connection Chaos that I flew for years - it was my favorite plane until I dumb thumbed it into the ground. I finally found a kit that I can use to scratch build from - I definately will build another just like the one I had - unless I scale it up and build a big one. In all the years of flying, I haven't found anything as simple that flys as well as a Chaos.

Dan
Old 10-01-2007, 06:50 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: RCPilot100

Chaos hands down. I had a Direct Connection Chaos that I flew for years - it was my favorite plane until I dumb thumbed it into the ground. I finally found a kit that I can use to scratch build from - I definately will build another just like the one I had - unless I scale it up and build a big one. In all the years of flying, I haven't found anything as simple that flys as well as a Chaos.

Dan
I just came across two kits about a month ago. A Direct Connection Chaos and a Great Planes Kaos. Both are complete kits, and I picked them up for a song. $100 for both of them!!!!!!

I have a Chaos 60 now built from RCM plans, and it's real close to the top of my all time favorite plane list. It just does everything so well, and looks good doing it too!!! IMHO the only plane better than this is the Ultra Sport 60. But then again, the Chaos has the same wing as the Ultra Sport does, so that explains why they both fly so well!!!

Ken
Old 10-02-2007, 03:50 PM
RCPilot100

Ken,

I have had both and the Chaos is my favorite. The US was a good flyer, but I was so irritated over the retractable gear from having to constantly bend them back into shape that I finally sold the plane. Maybe a fixed gear on it would have changed my mind.

Dan
Old 10-02-2007, 05:50 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

RCPilot100,
All of the Ultra Sports that I've had were equipped with fixed gear, I've never messed with retracts on them.

Ken
Old 10-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm A Kaos guy myself and can't see myself without one. I just did some TLC to my old Bridi Killer today. Really is time for another rebuild and cover job.
Ken, if you can try to get some stick time on the Dirty Bridi Birdy. Does everything the Kaos will but holds A knife edge all day long. Been thinking of building one but so many planes, so little money. It may even be A bit more stable then the Kaos if that could happen.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:59 PM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

The Kaos, hands down......
Old 10-03-2007, 05:45 AM
Kaos Rulz

ORIGINAL: RCKen

ORIGINAL: RCPilot100

Dan

I just came across two kits about a month ago. A Direct Connection Chaos and a Great Planes Kaos. Both are complete kits, and I picked them up for a song. $100 for both of them!!!!!!

I have a Chaos 60 now built from RCM plans, and it's real close to the top of my all time favorite plane list. It just does everything so well, and looks good doing it too!!! IMHO the only plane better than this is the Ultra Sport 60. But then again, the Chaos has the same wing as the Ultra Sport does, so that explains why they both fly so well!!!

Ken
Ken I couldn't agree with you more. I have the Sun Fli V (predessor to the Kaos), a Kaos and the Dirty Birdy. I love em all, but my favorite is still the Kaos. Oh by the way, the Ultra Sport has the Kaos wing, not the other way around.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:16 PM
hrrcflyer

Thumprding,

Do you get the feeling that we like the Kaos?. Here's some food for thought Bluejay Models offers the Big Dirty Birdy 2+2 which is a 78" wingspan version of the 60 size kit. Personally I like the lines better on the Dirty Birdy and it flies equally as well as the Kaos.

Keep us posted and good luck with whichever one you choose.

Fly safe and have fun!!
David
Old 10-03-2007, 05:48 PM
RCPilot100

I have more than enough planes to fly right now - will complete three new ones this winter - may have my buddy build one for me - and all this talk about the Chaos has me to where I am gonna put one together this winter. Thanks guys.

Dan
Old 10-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Thumprding

ORIGINAL: hrrcflyer

Thumprding,

Do you get the feeling that we like the Kaos?. Here's some food for thought Bluejay Models offers the Big Dirty Birdy 2+2 which is a 78" wingspan version of the 60 size kit. Personally I like the lines better on the Dirty Birdy and it flies equally as well as the Kaos.

Keep us posted and good luck with whichever one you choose.

Fly safe and have fun!!
David
Yeah I sort of got that feeling. I am looking at what supplies and stuff I have before I order one. Thanks for all the replies.