Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Looking for Pica Models Web Site

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Looking for Pica Models Web Site

Old 10-03-2007, 05:09 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for Pica Models Web Site

Hi,

I build giant scale WWII Warbirds and want a 1/5 or larger Pica P-40. Does anyone know how to get to their Web Site or e-mail address? I've been wanting to build this plane but can't find Pica Models. I saw an eigthy something inch winspan partially built Pica kit for sale but it was in Florida and I want to start with a NIB kit so I can make it to true scale after a particular aircraft.

Please respond, Thanks,

Gibbs
Old 10-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Looking for Pica Models Web Site

ORIGINAL: NCIS

Hi,

I build giant scale WWII Warbirds and want a 1/5 or larger Pica P-40. Does anyone know how to get to their Web Site or e-mail address? I've been wanting to build this plane but can't find Pica Models. I saw an eigthy something inch winspan partially built Pica kit for sale but it was in Florida and I want to start with a NIB kit so I can make it to true scale after a particular aircraft.

Please respond, Thanks,

Gibbs
Gibbs,

Pica closed their doors a few years ago, and their copyrights and designs have been sold to Cox (part of the Estes group) Cox is now offering the WACO UMF in both 1/5th and 1/6th scale. They also offer the T-28, and I believe the Duelist. Sadly, all these are only offered in ARF format. No kits. As for the warbirds, hopefully you can post this request in bot the Vintage, and Antique forum, as well as the Warbird forum. Maybe some kind soul will have a set of plans that he will copy for you. Best of luck,

You will notice that I called the WACO's UMF's. They have the wrong cowl to be YMF's.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 10-03-2007, 05:25 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

[link]http://www.coxmodels.com[/link]

Ken
Old 10-03-2007, 05:50 PM
jrbmoto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pica kits show up on fleabay all the time but bidding usually goes pretty high because of the fact that they are o.o.p. I would look for a good set of plans and send a copy of them to your favorite lazer cutter. I like www.lazer-works.com, they do a great job and they have great service! You'll save a lot of $$ and be able to pick out the rest of the balsa and hardware yourself.

-Johnny-
Old 10-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just to show how fast these old kits go. I have A great LHS and they get old kits in quite often. One day I was digging through the back room where all the kits and ARFs are and I found two nice old kits, A P-6-E and A 1/5 WACO. Both kits marked at under $150.00. I'm out of my Bipe stage so I told A friend and he wanted them. Next day both were gone. They don't last long anymore.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

Just to show how fast these old kits go. I have A great LHS and they get old kits in quite often. One day I was digging through the back room where all the kits and ARFs are and I found two nice old kits, A P-6-E and A 1/5 WACO. Both kits marked at under $150.00. I'm out of my Bipe stage so I told A friend and he wanted them. Next day both were gone. They don't last long anymore.
At $150.00 that's less than half what the 1/5th WACO has been bringing on the other sale site. I have seen them go for up to $335.00.

The last one went for somewhere around $250, but was not complete. The neat thing about this one, you can order the plans and parts templates from AMA plans service, and build your own kit.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 09-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Supercublp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I don't know about you guys but I am on the look out for Pica Sedan kit so if any of you have one laying about, let me know!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How about a Cessna 182?