Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Looking for a "fun flyer" kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Looking for a "fun flyer" kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:05 AM
chris8105
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a "fun flyer" kit

I was going to buy a Hangar 9 Twist, but I figured the flying season is about over so I might as well give a kit a try. I am looking for something with a low wing loading, thats 3d/aerobatic. I was looking on Towers website and Great Planes makes a Dazzler kit. I was wanting something a little bit bigger, preferably a 60 sized bird. I know there are alot more places out there besides Towerhobbies that sells kits. Any ideas? Here is the link to the Dazzler.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJ591&P=7

Would a Sig Somethin Extra fit the bill?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a "fun flyer" kit

The SE is great, and Tower also sells the Dazzler 60 kit.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 10-16-2007, 08:14 AM
HFrank

If you really want a 3D performer, go with the OMP Fusion 52 or 90 [>:]
Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 AM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the OMP profiles is a great choice. They are quality kits and fly well. Also, check out the 3D Freedom from www.ak-models.com; it looks kind of like a larger SSE.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:20 AM
hrrcflyer

Chris,

Look at the Mojo as well. From what I've heard, they have come out with a 60 size one too.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:17 PM
chris8105

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Now I have a few more question. Scar, I could not find the Dazzler 60 kit on Towers website or Great Planes website. And about the Mojo, heard alot of great things about it, on Swanys website they show the kit for about 90 bucks, and at the bottom of the screen there is a option for a removeable wing that is 46 bucks. So to be able to remove the wing I am going to be in for over $150? http://www.swanyshouse.com/mojo60/mojo60.aspx

I was also looking at the Tower Uproar 60 kit, but read its a quick build.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tower also has the Up-Roar in both 40 and 60 size. These are true fun fly planes and not the best for 3-D. There are just so many 3-D planes to choose from why bother looking at the fun fly planes if you want 3-D?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:55 PM
chris8105

Funfly, 3D, its all the same to me. I'm no 3d king, I just want something that I can throw around in the sky.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:58 PM
chris8105

I think I am going to get the Mojo 40. I cant find one bad thing about it on the internet.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
hrrcflyer

Chris,

What motor are you planning on using? A friend of mine has the Mojo 40 and has tried a wide variety of motors. His current setup is using a TT40 2-stroke. According to him, it works best for the plane since its a relatively light motor that makes more than enough power. He said any motor larger/hevier than a 46 2-stroke will be a waste for such a light airplane.

Good luck with your Mojo. Give us a flight report when you get it done.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:16 AM
flygilmore

You will not go wrong with the Mojo-It will fly "funfly manuevers" and then when you are ready, it will 3D like no other inches off the deck[>:]. Also, you will soon see the amazing fact that it will shrug off dorks and other mishaps that other planes would return to kit form as a result of. I once piled mine in from about 50ft nose down as a result of battery failure-went over, picked it up and dusted off and after replacing the battery, continued to fly-didn't even break the prop. My .40 weighs 4lb 1oz with a TT 46 and mousse-can pipe and has insane power. The Mojo 60 is a better trainer, in my opinion, because everything happens about twice as slow-I have a Saito 100 on that one. I have had/flown the uproars, dazzlers etc. and the Mojo's will do everything that they will plus, you can enter the realm of 3D flight with one of if not the best profiles on the market. Words cannot describe the experience-you owe it to yourself to find out what all the Mojo hype is all about!! Please let us know what plane you decide on.