Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sig King Kobra Build

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig King Kobra Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 09:46 AM
bodybuildr
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jollyroger
I came across a King Kobra kit at the Toledo Show for $85.00 ....should bought it. A couple hours later it was gone. Found it down the hall of the mezzanine for $125.00. You can buy a new one for just under $130.00
Last I looked they are 152.00 now from Sig. Yep you should have bought it!
Old 06-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Red7fifty
My Feedback: (73)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kits are now harder to get.......look at Tower....and most of the Great Planes and Top Flite stuff.....gone. SIG planes.....have to call SIG.
I just dropped $200.00 buying fuel tanks, pushrods, 2-56 and 4-40 Sullivan Clevises......etc.....for the plane kits I have hidden away.
Probably have $700.00+ in MonoKote and UltraCote in my stash.....nothing more annoying, then getting back to work on a project and finding out every little hardware item is out of stock.
If there is something you might want to build in the future.....might consider buying it now.
I sold my spare Kougar kit a few years ago.........$60.00 on Ebay......I should have kept it. Oh Well.
Time to start hoarding again.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:20 PM
Red7fifty

Just spoke to Larry Wolfe yesterday........He is doing well.....he is also one of the few guys left making kits. It took me over 30 years to finally get around to ordering the A4 Skyhawk kit that I saw in a "How to fly Ducted Fan RC Aircraft" book, back in the 80's.....ordered it a couple years ago. Haven't begun anything, but thought I would order the optional scale wing...so I have the option to build both versions. Sidenote:
Larry has been inducted into the Hall of Fame, and it is well suited and deserved. If there is a Jet Hangar Hobbies jet that you want to build......call and order one while you can!

Welcome to Jet Hangar Hobbies, Inc.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:27 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by Red7fifty
Kits are now harder to get.......look at Tower....and most of the Great Planes and Top Flite stuff.....gone. SIG planes.....have to call SIG.
I just dropped $200.00 buying fuel tanks, pushrods, 2-56 and 4-40 Sullivan Clevises......etc.....for the plane kits I have hidden away.
Probably have $700.00+ in MonoKote and UltraCote in my stash.....nothing more annoying, then getting back to work on a project and finding out every little hardware item is out of stock.
If there is something you might want to build in the future.....might consider buying it now.
I sold my spare Kougar kit a few years ago.........$60.00 on Ebay......I should have kept it. Oh Well.
Time to start hoarding again.
So why do you think kits and parts are getting harder to come by? I haven't shopped around for some time now so I don't know availability. Do you think it might be the beginning of the trade war? I have a SIG Kougar kit under my bench that I haven't found the time to get to yet. I want to try and experiment with metal cover on it.
If Tower doesn't have the Kougar I know you use to be able to order direct from SIG.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:47 PM
Red7fifty

No, this has nothing to do with "Trade War".....it's Tower Hobbies / Hobbico not being able to turn a profit.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:51 PM
Red7fifty

And, the kits have been selling slower and slower for the past 20 years, due to ARF's coming out of China......(some trade war, I suppose), due to lower cost of overseas manufacturing. A lot of the old U.S. Companies just can't stay in business due to cheaper internet prices (or the owner/operators have gotten old and retired or died).
Places like HobbyKing, has put many small local "Mom and Pop" type shops out of business.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:28 PM
bodybuildr
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been following this thread for a few.years. One of the best build posts I've ever seen. I have one I've been working on for a few years. Would have loved to see this King Kobra finished by Experimental Aviator.